1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius came in...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Patman36, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Patman36

Patman36 New Member

I'm new here so howdy. :)

Anyways, have been driving a 2002 Corvette now for about three years and decided to get a Prius until the next model I want comes out (C6 Z06 for those Vette afficianados :)).

I called a dealer about 90 miles from me about a month ago. My father had purchased a new 4Runner from them a month or so before that. I talked to him about the Prius and whether he could get me one. He checked, called me back about a week later, and said he had a silver #9 coming in in about a month and it was mine if I wanted it. I put the deposit down and waited.

Dealer called yesterday and the car is in! I am going to pick it up on Friday. I'm taking the day off and my father and I are going up to Kansas to get it. Should be alot of fun.

My only problem is I don't know what the necessities will be to get the Navigation up to speed for my trip home... I know I will want to play with everything before I get on the road. I LOVE gadgets and this car should be great for me. I test drove one with my fiance and my Nokia 3650 paired up in about 15 seconds and during the 20 minute test drive, I was making calls like a pro in the car.

Anyways, it should be a great car. Only plans, so far, are to tint the windows and add XM radio. Might change the tires, we'll see if the trip home reveals anything I don't like about the ride quality (anybody want to buy basically brand new tires for an '04 Prius?? :D).

I'll let everyone know how the drive home goes! Nice site you got here.

Patrick

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome to PriusChat, Patrick! www.priusxm.com has a great XM solution & installation video that comes with it - check them out.

3. Patman36

Patman36 New Member

Yup, I'll definitely check them out. I know there is a choice between suppliers but the DVD install sounds nice.

Heading out at 7AM to get her in the morning (it is a she, right?)...

Patrick

4. Patman36

Patman36 New Member

Well, got it and it is beautiful. Great car, trip home was nice. I am having trouble with my phone working with it though. The car I drove before, it worked fine. My phone is pairing everytime, I am receiving calls, except when I answer them, the people on the other end of the line here pretty nastic static/odd noises. I hear them fine.... any ideas? I will post more of my impressions in a bit :D

Patrick

5. DC Fat Cat

DC Fat Cat New Member

Welcome to the club

I am very happy for you. I was lucky to have a short wait also.

My previous car was a Cobb tuned 2002 WRX so I know what its like to go from a high performance car to the Prius. Its a big change to say the least. There is a post here somewhere about how much people change their driving habits when they get a Prius. I think its even more pronounced for people that go from a wicked fast car to the Prius IMO. You'll see...

Anyway good luck and keep us posted.

Oh yeah, about the phone thing: there is a forum for electronics. I don't have the same phone but someone there should be able to help you out.

6. Patman36

Patman36 New Member

Thanks bud I appreciate it. The WRX's are pretty stout stock and would be a great daily driver (my Vette was a DD). I looked into the STI's... pretty slick.

Ya the change from a 350hp V8 to a Prius is fairly extreme. Most people were shocked to hear about my "move" to a different car. It is great though. I have put about 130 miles on it today and it has been a real pleasure. Given lots of people rides, demonstrated stealth mode (the overall favorite "feature"), the NAV, etc. I am enjoying it. And there is some pleasure in knowing that you are saving a few bucks at the gas pump.

I'll go post over in electronics about the phone...

Patrick

7. PriusLover

PriusLover New Member

Finally got mine too ... waited about 4 months. My brother-in-law works for Toyota so I didn't have to wait 6 months (and got a small discount).

So far I really enjoy it, but I'm annoyed that the nav system was disabled while driving (even though I have a passenger). It's smart enough to detect when the passenger is not buckled, but for some reason it won't override the disabling feature. Oh well, better safe than sorry.