1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius came with the Valet Booklet!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by macreative, Sep 26, 2004.

1. macreative

macreative New Member

There must be over a hundred different little pages in the Valet booklet. They rip out like sticky notes. I still wouldn't allow a valet to drive my Prius. :lol:

2. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Re: My Prius came with the Valley Booklet!

Eventually you will get over that...however, you may never get over asking them if they know how to "drive one of these" then stand and watch to see if they really do. It took me months before I let anyone valet park it and I still ask them and watch (and sometimes intervene).

3. macreative

macreative New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seeh2o\";p=\"41926)</div>
    I wish I could. I have never let anyone valet my car. I know that's petty, but oh well. I know people who valet cars and if you heard what they do sometimes........

Not in my Prius :roll:

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

They would do that... in a Prius? OMG :oops: Angles and Minsters of Grace preserve us! :evillaugh: This is the work of the dark one. I must retire to the chapel and pray.

5. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(macreative\";p=\"41893)</div>
    I agree. I wouldn't let a valet-- or anyone at this point-- "fiddle" with my Prius. While you are eating, the valets may be tinkering and driving and driving.... Your car can get into a WHOLE lot of trouble while you are eating or enjoying a show or symphony. Park your own car-- or take the 10 year old one into congested areas........

Happy driving! 8)

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't let anyone drive my car, except for service at the dealership, where I have no choice. Trust has two components: honesty and competence. I trust their honesty. This is Fargo, after all, not Mexico, where thieves set up Valet Parking signs, put on a uniform, give you an official-looking valet ticket, and drive off with your car, never to be seen again. However, the stupidity of the human animal knows no bounds, and it is common, in all fields of endeavor, for people to simply not hear things said to them that do not fit into their experience.

We have all read postings about people who have had the car explained to them, have said, "Yes, I understand," have then gotten in and had no idea what to do.

People say, "Yes, I understand," when they don't understand at all, but they don't want to bother you with having to explain it again, and they figure, "It's a car, of course I can figure it out."

Then, if you are really lucky, they can't figure out how to make it go. But if you're not lucky, they make it go, but then park it and leave it running, and it drives itself into a post as soon as they get out. And if you sue them they'll say, "The engine was stopped! The darn thing started again all by itself! It wasn't my fault!" And they'll win, because the judge still hates the Japanese for Pearl Harbor.

No. I'll drive my car myself.

7. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

Amen. Use good judgement-- and let no one-- not even your brother-in-law (!) drive this precious car.... :iagree

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Valley Booklet???

I live in "The Valley" and I did not get one. I did get a card that looks like valet instructions, though.

9. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

That's what the original writer was talking about. I actually received a packet of these cards and thought they had made a mistake! But we are supposed to give receive a bunch of these cards so that we can give them to folks who park our cars.

I once had someone park my car in Chicago several years ago. And after I returned and found my car damaged, I never used a garage where someone parks my car for me. I park my own car, thank-you.

Enjoy your car. Don't let anyone drive it!

10. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

I'm going to make sure the dealership gives me these. I don't want to miss out on anything I'm entitled to.

What else should the dealer give me?

and about no one driving your car....
    I don't know about that. I'd let anyone with insurance and a license drive my BMW. I Even let this girl I know drive it the day after I got it. Its just a car. Worrying is what insurance is for. Now if we talk about something like a 67 Jaguar. Well thats not replaceable. So then no one drives that.

11. lucyjeanne

lucyjeanne New Member

Letting someone else drive your car....

The 2004 Prius is a new design and technology. Toyota is having enough trouble manufacturing these cars to fill the demand (unless they have deliberately "held back" the 2004 Prius quantity in order to justify raising the price.... and heighten desire..which raises the price....).

Folks who have had accidents with the 2004 Prius are having one heck of a time getting replacement parts. This is not a good time nor a good car for one to have an accident.... Parts are not just lying around your dealership.........

Anyone have any comments in this vein? What do you think and what experiences have you heard about regarding accidents and the 2004 Prius --and the time required to "fix" the car? Thanks for your ideas and thoughts, as usual.

12. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    lucyjeanne:
    I don't pick up our 2005 until tomorrow at 1030AM so am probably not yet qualified to reply here .... however since the 2005 is just a newer version of the 2004 with few changes why would parts be a problem for the 2004??? From all the information I have been able to glean, parts manufacturers make substantially more than enough for only the production models and Toyota use many sub manufacturers.
    Gary