1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius has arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BenR, Jul 19, 2006.

1. BenR

BenR New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just got off the phone with the car dealership. My salesman asked me, "So, how long are you gonna let this beautiful, black Prius sit on my lot?"

Well, the answer is 5 p.m. I'll be taking delivery of my 2006 Prius (package #4) then and driving that sweet baby home. I'll update this thread with my experiences at the dealership and the first real drive.

I put my deposit down on July 9, 2006.

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congratulations :D
    I picked mine up this morning. Delivery went smoothly and I couldn't be more excited!

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congratulations. Just a reminder don't let the dealer sell you a maintenance contract or an extended warranty. In case you haven't discovered it yet: IF you want an extended warranty you can get it here for a lot less and you have 3 years/36K miles to make up your mind if you really want one or not.

Enjoy your new machine.

4. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congratulations. Enjoy!

5. SaintStephen

SaintStephen New Member

Congrats, I have a little over 400 miles on my week old white #4 that I managed to get two weeks after my deposit. I have totally gotten used to the quirky nature of the hybrid, and I'm looking forward to learning P&G over the weekend. Even ordered a sunshade from PriusChat.

cheers

Steve

6. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats to all 3 of you new owners! Have fun driving your Prius - you'll love it!

7. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I feel your excitement! I've had mine a little over a year and everyday is a new adventure! My Prius is my hobby.

I've had mine in the shop for almost two weeks for some body damage. I'll pick it up on Monday!!!!

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations! Hope you're out there driving your new black beauty around right now. :D

9. harrv

harrv Member

So? So? Did the pickup go smoothly?

Congratulations!

10. BenR

BenR New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(harrv @ Jul 19 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]289068[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks! And yes, everything went quite well. I got another tour of the vehicle, all of the documentation and information, a pad of valet cards, and so on. The process went as expected.

One important note: I read on this fine site that folks should ask to see a copy of the pre-delivery inspection checklist. Well, many dealerships have since made the PDI an electronic workflow (i.e., tasks popping up on a computer screen), so there are no physical checklists. If you run into this situation, ask for a photocopy of the work order from the service department. Mine shows the service manager's instruction to the service staff to perform all PDI processes on the vehicle. It also shows the cost of the labor involved with PDI. It's certainly better than nothing.

I've driven roughly 50 miles so far -- a nice mix of highway, city, and going up and down hills. My average is 41.2 MPG, which is just phenomenal. And I know it'll improve. AC was on low the whole time, bringing in fresh air to displace the plastic outgassing.

I've already started refining my driving habits, and I find that not jumping on green lights, not braking in haste (anticipating stops instead), and using P&G -- even as a total newcomer -- is making my drive a hell of a lot more relaxing and pleasant. I also feel safer.

Many thanks to those who have dedicated so much time to this site and sharing information. We have a great resource here, and I appreciate you guys having me as a member.

11. tyrael

tyrael Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats to everyone. It's kind of weird that I'm already congratulating people only have 1.5 weeks of ownership, but after reading so many of these threads on PC, you and you're Prius will never be the same! It's almost as if, they speed you through the "blind date" of the whole thing. I can't wait to drive home after work or just go exploring during lunch. Word is getting around the office that I traded in the RL for a Prius and it's definitely spiking a lot of interest. Coworker test drives, here they come!!! Enjoy the great PC Community. Welcome!

12. BenR

BenR New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tyrael @ Jul 20 2006, 08:11 AM) [snapback]289280[/snapback]</div>
    Heck, I've only owned this sweet baby for 15 hours. I'm already hooked. It's nutty!

13. meezercat

meezercat New Member

Awesome! Make sure to take pics! We love seeing everyone's new babies :)

14. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got my baby back... and I sure missed her!!! She's as sweet as my faithful Australian Shepherd, as beautiful as my wife and daughter and as frugal as I am!

Unfortunately the shop forgot to do refinish the front bumper AND they left one speaker unhooked… BASTARDS! Other than that the finish looks just like the OEM paint.

15. mike3k

mike3k New Member

I got my Seaside Pearl #4 Monday (July 24). I ordered it June 10. I would have had it last Thursday, but I was in Vancouver. Today I went for the first real drive in it (as opposed to short drives to the store) and I love it. I still find myself reaching for the shift knob to my right, though. I got it up to 60 and once even 75 MPG today, but most of the time it was around 30, or a lot less when driving at slow speeds in a parking lot.

16. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    well, tbstout2, at least those are 2 mistakes that can be fixed. Hope its running well otherwise, and everyone else is enjoying their Prius this weekend. I'm adding mud flaps today. Got the front set on when it started to rain, they only took about 20 minutes.