1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius has landed. Best car ever!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Rancid13, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Date Ordered: Aug 27, 2005
    Fine-tuned Order: Dec 15, 2005
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Longo Toyota-El Monte, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 'sometime in January'
    Color: Black w/bisque leather interior
    Option Package: #8
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 4th overall, but 2nd for this same package/color combo

So I guess I might as well start my order tracking thread. It's only been ~4.5 months, LOL.

I placed my order and deposit in late August 2005. Originally ordered a 2005 Black, Silver, Tideland Pearl or Seaside Pearl Package #6. Over the course of a couple weeks I rethought my decision and decided I might as well wait for the 2006's. Before I had a chance to let my sales guy know of my change of mind, he called (~Sept 18) to let me know my Black Package 6 was in; I had to turn it down and have him change my order to a 2006, comparable package to 05's #6 (06 info was not available at the time). Nixed the Tideland as it was no longer available as a color choice on the 2006MY. Also wanted to delay delivery until 2006 for the tax credit purposes.

Thought some more for another few weeks and nixed the Silver as a color choice. Had it down to Black and Seaside Pearl, and was looking at package #7. 06 info came out shortly thereafter and it was announced that Package 7 was not to be available in the Southern California region. So I changed my order to a Package 8 instead, with the tan/bisque leather.

Sales guy called a couple weeks later (~Dec 15) to verify that indeed, Packages #7 and 8 were to be available in my area. I'd already gotten my heart set on a leather interior after talking to friends who have children about the ease of cleaning leather compared to cloth seats. So I told him I'll stick with Package 8 and that I decided on only Black as an exterior color.

We joked around a bit (he's an LA Kings fan, I'm a Dallas Stars fan, both big rivals in the Pacific Division wouldn't you know it) and I mentioned that I didn't mind the wait, that I'd wait till February or March if need be. He said it wouldn't take very long, that he guesstimated it would be here in January, likely by mid-month. He also mentioned that he had an 06 Black Package 8 arriving in a couple days, and was I interested. They couldn't hold it for a few weeks so I passed on it too.

So Jan 1 has come and gone...as of Friday, found out that I'm #4 on the wait list at Longo and there is 1 person ahead of me who has ordered the same exact car as me. The next allocation is set to arrive at the dealer today. If there are 2 Black Package 8's w/bisque interior, one of them is mine. If there is 1, then it goes to the person ahead of me and I keep waiting till the next allocation. If there are none, then back to the waiting game. I also emailed about 20 area Toyota dealers to see if they have any of 'my car' on the lot or due to arrive very shortly, unspoken for and at MSRP w/no dealer add-ons.

No luck yet, and my only concern is my Capital 1 loan check expiring (it expires 1/19). I know I can get an extension of 45 days, but what if it takes longer than 45 days for the car to get here? Then I'll likely have to go through the approval process again, at a slightly higher rate.

So I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting for that phone call or email.

2. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well I just heard back from one of the dealers I had emailed regarding availability. North County Toyota (Anaheim) says they will have a Black Package #8 w/bisque interior arriving in about 2 weeks. I told him I was very interested. I need to call my Longo salesguy to see about today's allocation, and ask when the next allocation is projected so I will have a better handle on whether I should proceed with dealer #2 (at MSRP also). I am also verifying with dealer #2 that there are no mandatory dealer add-ons (lo-jack, paint protector package, etc).

Looks like I might have a car within ~2-3 weeks anyways. :) Makes me happy and less anxious now that I have an approximation of when it might be here. I don't like living in an any-day-now sort of mind state.

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Gak! Saw your thread-head and thought it had come in.

My, my, for someone who didn't mind waiting 'til Feb.-Mar, you're the antsiest one here (I'm close). Did that happen because of so many others getting theirs and having it hammered into you daily?

I re-upped with Cap 1 yesterday. If you do it the 19th, you're good 'til Mar. 4.

If mine's not here by Mar., I may hook up with malorn and buy a GMC Gigantasaurus.

4. TCA

TCA New Member

Irvine Toyota (888) 297-9365, sales lady named "January" I think ... said they are expecting a black 2006, pkg 8 with tan interior, to arrive in about 5 days. Not spoken for, because they don't do waiting lists any more. First come, first served. I know nothing about this dealer, so it's not a recommendation - just an FYI in case you are interested.

5. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm getting antsy mostly because of my Cap1 blank check. I know the extension is good for another 45 days (I'm calling or doing the extension online tomorrow, the day before it expires), but what IF it takes more than 45 days for the car to get here? I don't mind waiting, honestly.

I am somewhat anxious overall, while attempting to project a calm exterior, this being my first ever new car and quite a large purchase, but my current car is in good enough condition that it won't hurt me to wait another month or so if need be. March 4 is a good time frame, I can totally do that. A girlfriend and I are doing a roadtrip to San Jose in mid-March and we were getting all excited about driving my Prius up there too rather than drive my cramped older car or her cramped Tacoma.

I just don't want to have to go through the loan approval again. Rates will be .10-.25% higher, they'll have to check my credit again (my FICO has actually gone up 12 points since mid-December) and all that. But again, March 4 sounds very good as a time frame without having to deal w/re-applying for an auto loan.

6. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow, awesome, thanks!! I'll give her a call. :) Any idea if they do MSRP??

7. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, I talked to my Longo guy at lunch. He said he spoke to his inventory guy and was told the allocation for this week will be here on Thursday most likely, Friday at the latest. He was told that about 1/2 of the Priuses in this allocation will be Package #8 due to their high demand in this area. He also said that there will be enough cars arriving in that allocation that are package #8 that my combination will be there for sure, he says he's 80% sure that I'll have mine later this week. I told him to call me as soon as he found out, either way.

In the meantime, I will contact Irvine Toyota to see if they do MSRP and still have the Black/Tan #8 that TCA mentioned.

North County Toyota says they will have a Black/Tan #8 arriving in 2-3 weeks.

Penske Toyota will be receiving their list of cars to be delivered in the next 4-6 weeks by Friday and will let me know if any Black/Tan #8's are on that list.

Ditto for Puente Hills Toyota.

Only heard back from ~6 of the 20 or so area Toyota dealers I've contacted over the last 2 days. I will have my car soon, that much I hope for. (Soon=within the next few weeks).

8. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Got my Capital 1 blank check extended for another 45 days. Now my car just needs to get here within that time frame. :) I'm so excited!

9. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just got a reply from Toyota of Long Beach and they will find out on Friday which colors/packages will be arriving shortly at the dealership. Said they'd let me know if there was a Black/Tan #8 in the bunch and verified that they will sell at MSRP w/no dealer add-ons or extras. :) Keeping my options open here.

10. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Long shot:

Another Long Beacher posted last week seeking alternate dealers. I suggested Cabe Toyota, near Long Beach Blvd., "the other Toyota dealer".

He went the next day and got his Prius on the spot. They're low-key and do MSRP.

11. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I emailed Cabe the other day too but they don't have any Black/Tan #8's and don't expect any in the next 4 weeks. :(

12. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  13. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

14. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Good news?? Got this email last night from my original sales person at Longo:

Hi Jennifer,
    Just got word from my manager that we have a Prius allocated to you. He said
    that it should get here at the end of this month or early next month (Feb). As
    soon as it shows up on our inventory I will give you more info. I tried to call
    you at (714) ***-****, It sounded like a loan company so I was not sure if it
    was your #. I will be back at work on Sat 1/21. Hopefully it will show up on our
    inventory.
    Ken K.

:D :D :D :D

15. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just got a call from my Toyota guy Ken. My car is on the ship, on its way here. Should be at the port between Feb 7-14, and he said it normally takes about a day for it to get from the port (Long Beach) to the dealer lot (El Monte). He verified the exterior color, interior color, package number, and said that it will be arriving w/floormats. He'll call or email me as soon has he receives the VIN. This extra couple weeks will allow me to round up another $500 or so for the downpayment, so that works out quite well.

16. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just checking in. Nothing has happened yet. ETA: Feb 7-14. Hubby and I leave for Mammoth tomorrow morning for 5 days of snowboarding bliss. The Prius should be here sometime in the week after we return. Nothing like some powder to get my mind off the waiting for a few days, right? :)

And we're getting our taxes done first thing in the am before we head out so we'll know how much of a refund is headed our way, or worst case, how much we owe (assuming someone up there hates our guts which I don't think will be the case). Later!! :D :D

This'll be me late tomorrow and Thurs-Sun:
    [Broken External Image]:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/rancid13/mammoth2.jpg

17. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Have a blast up there, Jennifer. Drink lots of hot chocolate. Or something.

If your car arrives Thur., they would probably never agree to sell it to someone who waved an extra, oh, $2500 at them---nah.

Your sales guy, uh, Ken: he's probably totally devoted to satisfying your motoring needs, right? A straight arrow. Stalwart.

Just keep all your fibulas and tibulas where they're supposed to be, and don't worry about a thing.

18. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My husband and I are in Mammoth right now taking a break from snowboarding all day. We were at the top of the mountain and I'd just taken off down the run when he got a call on his cell from Ken at Longo, letting us know that my Prius is here!!! He'll get it all prepped and ready for me to pick up sometime after we get home, which will be Monday most likely, assuming I can drag my nice person up to El Monte after a long day at work. I think I can do it. ;) :D :D :D :wub:

19. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

::shakes party clacker vigorously:: ::blows party horn::

Poor Jennifer is trapped at Mammoth while her Prius sits...sits...sits for 3-4 days at her dealer, slowly accumulating SoCal's wondrous array of pollution particles. :p

Bet you've got some mixed feelings, huh?

Oh well, getting home after a great little vacation is often a drag. NOT THIS TIME!

Fully expect to see some more exclamation points from you on Mon.---if you last that long. :rolleyes:

20. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm picking up my Prius on Wednesday. Shame I didn't bring my Capital 1 blank check with me on our trip, we passed by the dealer in El Monte within about 2 miles on our way back last night. :) I'm having them tint the windows with 20% tint too. Husband got all whiney and insisted on coming with me to the dealer, and Weds is his day off from work so he can drive me up there too (otherwise I'd have to mooch a ride from someone as I'm not trading in my current car). Good thing I have a lot going on today and tomorrow to wile away the time (unpacking, laundry, grocery store, cleaning, WORK). :)