1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius is a carnivore...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by qdllc, Jun 19, 2015.

1. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It seems the wild creatures are attracted to my tires. :confused:

Does that mean my car is no longer "environmentally friendly?" :rolleyes:

I don't know about going "green." Now it's more like "silver with splotches of red mixed with fur." :notworthy:

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Aim for them.
    Animals almost always jink at the last instant......especially the quicker ones like cats and squirrels and wabbits.
    Many times this results in both of you jinking the same way. :eek:
    Hitting the horn and waggling the lights might also help, but I presume that you're talking about the little guys that dash onto the road about 13 feet in front of your car while you're driving 60.

I used to work nights and evenings, and it seemed I was knocking down squirrels and wabbits nearly every night, then I made a practice of trying to hit them, and my weekly scores fell dramatically.
    *note!*
    Do not try this with opossums!
    They're worse than kids with cell phones.....but they're also very easy to avoid.

Animal strikes are a non-trivial problem with our Prius-sized company vehicles, even though most of our night workers drive larger vehicles.
    Cats, dogs, opossums, and armadillos can easily send a Prius to the body shop, and even the itty-bitty dog-sized deer that they have in the SE will probably send YOU to the hospital.
    This is why when I'm on a call-out at night I usually take a truck.

3. A617

A617 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Don't worry my prius ate a bird, it got stuck inside of the lower grill and didn't realize until a week later in the hot summer heat.