1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius is in the shop for a couple days

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusham, Oct 31, 2005.

1. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    I complained to Toyota about the dealer that "fixed" my non-auto-leveling HID lamps by just cranking them up so they were not pointing at the ground.

They asked me to take it to a different dealer. It's pretty tough because I really need my car to drive to various clients that I support. So the nice people at Toyota arranged to get me a free loaner.

Anyway... they have the car and promise to fix the HID lamps correctly.

Also...

A buzzy dashboard panel right under that tiny side triangle window.

A whistling noise caused by the rear view mirror @ > 40 MPH.

They are going to reflash the ECM per the new TSB recall.

They are going to investigate the poor AM radio reception caused by so much radio frequency noise from the HSD system.

If anyone else thinks that their Prius is a little noisy on AM radio, I'd like to know. Don't give me any BS about not using the AM radio because you only listen to your Ipod, either. Ipods don't carry Red Wing games. :)

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I had the wife's 2k4 about 100 miles from town the other day and the AM reception was ok. Not great but as good as you can expect on AM. Does anybody know if this radio either the base or the JBL has an antenna tuning capacitor like radio's of old. IF your reception is really poor I'd expect that they'll find the antenna cable connector isn't fully seated in the radio.

3. jjs357

jjs357 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I recently had my radio replaced under warranty (2004 package 9, delivered 7/31/2004) after I complained about AM reception. I was getting abnormal static, extra static when breaking and accelerating, etc. It wasn't like that when I first took delivery. I did not associate my problem with the headlights being in use however.

Since then, I have tuned in distant radio stations (WFAN in NYC from the Philly suburbs) and no unreasonable amounts of static so far. The problem with the old radio seemed to ebb and flow -- sometimes almost no static and sometimes a lot of static -- some local AM stations were almost drowned out at times.

Any way, the reception seems to be better so far since the replacement.

Good luck on your repair.

Jim

4. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey are you listening to IMUS on WFAN LOL? Are you neked baby I miss how he used to be in the old days...

5. popoff

popoff New Member

I watch him every morning on MSNBC. Great guests, good show!

6. popoff

popoff New Member

I've been noticing a scratchy sound on my AM when I apply the brakes. Haven't spoken to the dealer about it yet though.

7. Liam

Liam New Member

I have had very bad AM reception since last summer. It used to be better. I have given up listening to AM. It is that way all the time, even when not driving.

8. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

I've heard ocassional complaints about noise or unreasonable reception on AM, however mine seems fine. It's not the best I've heard, nor the worst, but I don't experience any car-generated noise. I routinely listen to WBBM 780 in Chicago, about 135 miles away, so I do test the sensitivity on a daily basis.

9. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Thanks for the replies... I'll see if I can get a new radio installed.