1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius Mood Ring…

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TCD, Sep 12, 2004.

1. TCD

TCD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My Prius Mood Ring…

I may just be lucky but I am averaging low fifty’s (both the computer and calculated) mileage without to much effort.

However! My Prius is an unfailing indicator of my state of mind… If I stay relaxed on the drive mid fifty’s no problem. But let someone get under my skin, if I try to constantly close the gap etc., high forty's. And, if I have a really bad day then I am in the low forty's.

The Prius has made me a much better and calmer driver and it feeds my driving back to me in an immediate and undeniable way.

To bad the outside paint job doesn’t indicate the driver’s state of mind; although this would be much handier for “the other guy (sic).†I've actually seen a show car that proposed the paint feed back scheme...

Tom & Da Boyz

PS Yes you can get two full size Golden's in the back of a Prius!

2. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm more impressed that you got them into your avatar, though just barely! :wave:

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ahh you have discovered how the Prius works. and you are right, it does take very little effort to get into the low 50's... but that can be compromised easily by impatience and temper tantrums.

the real challenge is beating the EPA and yes it can be done.

I love your avatar, you should have posted a full size pic in the dog pic thread!!

4. jchu

jchu New Member

Prius as a Biofeedback device. Better than the watch that Jackie Gleason wore in the Smokey and the Bandit sequel that had him chanting OOOHHHMMM... :lol:

By the way we also got our two Goldens in the back seat too. Tried with the seats down but they didn't have enough head room so left the seats up and made a board out of 1/4 inch pressboard (less likely to damage the plastic parts) to help cover the back foot well area and give them more room.

How did you manage the 2 golden feat?

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    jc... wouldnt that be 8 golden feet??

hehehe

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Golden retrievers are nice dogs. I'm mainly a cat person, but if I had to have a dog, I think a golden would be my first choice.

7. jchu

jchu New Member

Daniel,
    Got 2 cats too!!!

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That is one fat cat. I had to give up cats. I developed a very bad allergy to cats. I can't stay in a "cat house" (god I love doing that!) for more than an hour before my eyes swell shut. Our last cat (Mycroft) was a great cat. He would sleep on the Newf chests. Our male Fred at that time loved that cat. He would sleep on the Newf and purr. It was amazing to see.

9. TCD

TCD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Folks,

First a brief plug for anyone looking for a Golden on the West Coast:

http://www.homewardboundgoldens.org/index.htm

Now I simply put the back seats down and the Boyz in from the back. Two minor adjustments, you need to get used to lots of back seat help and you may want a drool proof shirt.

The record so far is three Goldens during a rescue for HomeWard Bound (see link above)!

I'm working on a Golden web site (www.donohoeusa.com )...

Have a Golden Day!

Tom & Da Boyz

10. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What a shame to be allergic to animals, particularly cats. They say if you live with pets as a kid you are less likely to develop allergies. Would you say that is true...were there cats in your childhood?

The fat cat's name is Thomas. He was rescued from a humane society 14 years ago. He passed away last spring of cancer at the age of 15 yrs. I miss him a lot. His personality was more like a dog's than a cat's at times. He loved to be around people. He also loved to go for walks with us in the neighborhood. He walked like a bulldog, with a swagger. He had a great attitude - a great companion.

We recently rescued another cat, Oscar. He is young (about a year and a half), playful, and very affectionate, which is perfect for our 5 year old daughter.

My parents had a Golden, which passed away a few years ago. Wonderful dog, great with young children. I am tempted to get one, but they are so big.

11. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I curious about the back-seat big-dog issue. I have two big dogs (see http://www.priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic....t=4191&start=2) but no Prius yet. My plan was to put the seat down and put an old rug or blanket back there for them. But jchu writes that there's not enough head room with that arrangement but TCD says there is. Any further thoughts about this?

Give Da Boyz a scritch for me!

12. jchu

jchu New Member

My wife felt they had to duck too much when we had the seats down and that it was too hard for them to get in as well. But that is just her. Both are 8 years old and Daisy has a fair amount of arthritis now in her left hip. There is at least one poste picture an PC though with a Mastiff in back!!!

13. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK here it is "Big Dogs in the Prius" BTW Big dogs are Newfs black and white not black white and brown.

14. TCD

TCD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Folks,

Now if I could just get over my allergy to women...

As for getting Da Boyz in the back of the Prius, I would be remiss if I did not mention that there are such things as seat belts for our pets. I have found the pet seat belts to be too cumbersome for my Goldens. I do encourage them to lie down while we are under way (encourage being the operative word here). So lack of headroom is not an issue for us as it encourages them to settle down.

I wish I had my camera with me the other day. I came out of a store and there was a large crowd around the Prius laughing... Wyatt (95 pounds) was in the driver's seat and Rusty (135 pounds) was in the passenger seat. They were both peering intently out the windshield; trying to figure out how to "boot up" and wishing intently for opposable thumbs!

Have a Golden day,

Tom & Da Boyz