1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Prius stars in a film :)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dolce_Vita, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Dolce_Vita

Dolce_Vita Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    well not really...

I decided to make time lapse films of me driving my Prius. They're not technically time lapse photography, just very fast video, i still like the over-all effect. I mounted my camera on my back seat & just videoed :)

Enjoy :)

2. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cool!

1 person likes this.
  3. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Excellent.I notice you have a lot of round abouts on your commute? Appeared to be anyway. Nice looking area you live in.I have always wanted to visit Australia. Maybe this year.Hal

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very cool! A little EV Drive Mode action in the last bit of the first video. hehehe.

You also do tend to touch the radio buttons a lot, eh? I almost exclusively use the audio buttons on the Gen 2 (but I do use the radio buttons more often in the Gen 3 because of their layout and ease of access as opposed to scrolling through MODE)

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ah the steering wheel is all backwards!!!!

:D

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My god, your roads are immaculate! It must have something to do with fewer trucks/SUVs and better maintenance. You would hate California roads. Your town looks cheesily idyllic and reminds me of a Lego world. I'm jealous.

7. desertrider2215

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome video

1 person likes this.
  8. Dolce_Vita

Dolce_Vita Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just live in a random suburban area, Australian suburbs all look the same haha :) You're right, Australian road designers/town planners are obsessed with roundabouts, every suburb has countless roundabouts, they get pretty annoying...

You're right, i do use them a fair bit, mainly the volume etc, i guess it's just a habit, i do it without even thinking about it :s

Newer suburban areas do have very smooth roads in Aus, although country back roads and roads in older suburbs are honestly horrible, even some main roads are very, very rough. It's made worse because pretty much all Australian cars come with stiff European suspension settings, so they dont handle rough roads too well, especially with big wheels/low profile tyres. hahah 'Cheesily idyllic', it's just a normal Australian suburb, they're all pretty much the same...

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well your roads are sure looking better than mine. We have potholes galore and some are deep and wide enough to drop the bumper to the ground (tons of full-size pickups here with 20" rims that make monster size holes). I've already hit some part of the body (I assume the front bumper) on the road when I was braking and hit a pothole, the ABS did its thing and I hit the next hole after that.

10. Dolce_Vita

Dolce_Vita Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thankfully Australians consider a Holden Commodore/Ford Falcon ute a 'full sized pick up", although most of them are very, very low with 22" wheels and spend most of their time being driving slowly to avoid gutter rash and pothole damage, hahah. Most workmen in Aus have a Toyota Hilux & they drive them as if they're in a Lamborghini, they take corners soo fast & speed like crazy...

I find ABS scary when the car suddenly lunges forward when braking over rough roads :/

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Cool effect and nice music.

It gives a bit uneasy feeling because it appears you are going very fast in the wrong side of the road.

12. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    But just by good luck everyone else was also driving on the wrong side of the road on that particular day. :p

I know what you meant though, especially at some of the roundabouts.

13. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If I made a video like that, you'll feel I am driving on the wrong side too. :p