1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My prius's bluetooth just froze

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Wowzer, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Wowzer

Wowzer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was trying to reconnect my cell phone to the Prius this morning, after the phone would not connect to the Prius. I tried to delete my phone from the prius with the intention of re-pairing, when the car's BT unit just froze on listening...none of the buttons on the steering wheel would work. I left it alone for about 20 minutes...but it stayed frozen.

When I got to work, it was still frozen, so I turned my car off. Out of curiosity, I turned it back on to see if the unit would reset itself. Well, now it has no response whatsoever--if I hit the disconnect key, phone off key, or talk key...I get no response.

Is there a way to reboot/reset/restart the BT on the Prius or do I have to go back to the dealership?

Thanks.

2. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That sounds crazy odd! If that happened to me I'd pull the fuse for the head unit. Wait a couple mins and see if it comes back up. If it happened again, i'd bring it to the dealer, frozen and have them diagnose it.

3. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Try running the heater on max hot for a while...

4. Wowzer

Wowzer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Actually, after an entire day at work (9 hours), when I got back into the car, the BT started to work again. I guess there is a time period in which the system resets itself. Who knows?

BTW- it was pretty warm on the day in question, so I do not think that it was due to a frozen system...