1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Rear Tweeter is going out.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TimeFor, Mar 27, 2005.

1. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

well my tweeter is going out. I guess its time I get new speakers. I replaced my stock amp with a 5 Channel 850 watt Alpine amp a few months back. I did not replace the stock speakers however.

One problem with the new amp.... The front tweeters never worked. No Idea why... But they don't work. So I said one day I'll replace all the speakers and then everything will work.

Well now my driver side rear tweeter is going in and out. The rear tweeters are get a lot of power since they are the only highs in the car. Also I was told not to run a 2ohm speaker on a 4 ohm amp... I don't know. someone might have been BSing me... I don't know.

So I've ordered new speakers all around. Now with crossovers my front tweeters will work. Yeaaah! I don't think I'm going to install it my self. Its so much easier just having things installed. I think I'll take it back to the place that did my amp and sub. I'll let you know how it goes.