1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Replacement Order for my Dearly Departed Prius

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by DaveinOlyWA, Aug 19, 2006.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well, figured i would be posting here in this forum one of these days but didnt think it would be this early. having wrecked my 2004 Tidelands, got a call from the other guys insurance company and they are totaling my Prius despite what i consider only moderate damage. well promptly went down to Toyota of Olympia and ordered A Silver Pine Mica pkg # 4 (HG) yesterday. ETA 6-8 weeks.

although 6-8 weeks without a Prius will be tough, its better than the 6½ months i waited for my first one. looks like i will probably miss the Sept 30th deadline for a 100% tax credit option. oh well, dont make enough to qualify for that much of a credit anyway, but have had my tax withholding set way too low all year. normally i change Oct 1 to set it to get a minimal tax return. this year, i wont have to make any adjustments.

2. Loveit

Loveit New Member

What a bummer! BTW, how old DO you have to be, to be considered a Senior Prius Poster? is there a hierarchy of some sort? if so, I am so clueless!

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Dave, send Mike up to the sales dept and tell him to lean on them. Hard. :rolleyes:
    loveit to become a senior poster you have to be older than Dave and younger than me. :lol:

4. theorist

theorist Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Aug 19 2006, 11:03 PM) [snapback]306071[/snapback]</div>
    100 posts old. So by that standard our dear Dave is ...

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dang Dave, can't believe they totalled you out. Did it trash the Inverter and PSD or something?

Keep your fingers crossed, you may get the car by Sept. 30 if you're lucky...and you're due for some of the 'good' luck now.

6. Frank Hudon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 20 2006, 04:04 AM) [snapback]306203[/snapback]</div>
    I've gone back and looked at the damage and I'm willing to bet that the front door pillar has been pushed in and that would be a big ticket item on the repair. Middle pillar is easily replaced and done all the time but the front one has to be pulled and that takes time to do, right, as it's a main structual piece of the car. Easier for them to total and sell the carcuss to the rebuilders. They can buy their parts from anywhere, think Katrina.

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well as far as why they totalled it, probably super expensive body parts. both doors completely trashed. in fact the front door does not operate at all. no power to locks, windows (side view mirror is sitting in my living room) nothing. back door opens about an inch. although i was told last wednesday that the "total loss" department would be calling soon to give a specific dollar figure, i have not heard from them as of yet.

there was minimal collision shock, in fact so little, my sleeping SO didnt realize we were involved in the accident. she heard it, felt me swerve but didnt feel the impact. it was nearly two hours before the car was towed away and not a drop of any kind of fluid leaked out. there was no MIL or anything else that came on after the accident. so doubt that there was any major internal damage or frame damage

as far as being a senior poster, i'm not old enough, and will probably never admit to being old enough either so there!!

8. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sorry about your car Dave, I'm sure it had a lot of good miles left in it. Bet you are going to love the new one just as much.

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    got the call this afternoon. will pick up my 2006 Silver Pine Mica pkg #4 tomorrow. that makes it a few days short of 3 weeks. there was a cancellation and it was my first choice on color and pkg. there was the floor mat upgrade to the all natural version. that is the only difference but this puts me in the 100% tax credit bracket.

cant wait !! Thank You Fred Hamilton at Toyota of Olympia!!

10. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Sep 4 2006, 11:45 PM) [snapback]314355[/snapback]</div>
    Sweet! Congrats, Dave! :)

What seemed like a pretty crummy situation a few weeks ago seems to be turning around for you, considering the insurance is cutting you a cheque for more than your paid, as you described in your other thread, and now your new car has come up so soon, qualifying for the tax break.

In the end, you will have a brand new Prius with no cost out of pocket; here's hoping your premium won't change too much... ;)

Kevin

11. Frank Hudon

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ya, i have to say, all in all, i was really lucky on this. it will cost me practically nothing to upgrade to a new car. even without the tax credit, the only real cost will be the actual cost of the upgrades...the tax credit may pay for all of them!!

one other thing i forgot to mention. the 2004 had a tax deduction so my cost was actually lower than the 22,317.44 that i paid. the tax deduction i only made about 500 on i think...but still reduces overall cost of ownership.

the kicker is... my insurance check will be here this week, i turn in my rental the same day i pick up my new car. cant ask for anything better than that!!

13. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Sep 5 2006, 09:34 AM) [snapback]314471[/snapback]</div>
    How did you make out on the Insurance payout, if you don't mind me asking? Did you get anywhere close to blue book, or did they "find" a bunch of reasons to give you less than KBB?

14. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    my insurance payout was $23,509.80

now i bought the car for $19,990. with taxes. title, destination, etc. total was $22,317.44. i drove it 25 months, put 28,000 miles on it and it was in good condition (dings, paint chips, etc plus general wear on the inside downgraded it to that). the replacement value for my area for a 2004 pkg #1 was $21,600. so i feel that the insurance company treated me more than fair.

plus they did pay for a rental 2005 corolla, with A/C 6 CD stereo, automatic for me to drive the entire time which i will turn in this morning. the rental car company offers rides anywhere in the local area so i will have them drop me off at the car dealership

15. Prianista

Prianista Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Sep 4 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]314355[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulations! I'm glad to hear your time driving a "mere mortal car" is coming to an end sooner than anticipated. Do you get to keep your old license plate?

16. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh definitely!!! they came thru the accident completely unscathed.

DUALPWR will ride again!!

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow, congrats Dave! Looking forward to seeing pics of te new DUALPWR hehe.

Yeah, it's probably just the parts that are expensive. The doors on our Camry (which got mushed by a drunk driver) cost quite a bit.

18. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yay! glad to see you're getting what you wanted, and so much sooner than expected!

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Dave -

That's certainly good news for you! Things could have turned out much worse for you in this whole situation - believe me, I've been there.

On a side note, I think it will be interesting over the next couple of years to see some of the first 2G owners start upgrading to the newer model. Ah, the evolution of PriusChat!

Danny

20. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    8.2 miles on it this morning when i picked it up. now its got 132 miles on it (had to show it off!@!)

total time to delivery from order.... 18 days...

now time to change my avatar's saying....not a Prius owner wannabe any more !!

Attached Files: