1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

my trip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 3adults3bikes, Feb 3, 2016.

1. 3adults3bikes

3adults3bikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    All right - for the record, in my 2008 Prius, on a trip back from western Colorado over the Rockies to Kansas, we carried three adults, three complete adult bikes partially disassembled (wheels, seats and pedals off and stacked with the frames), and all of our luggage (which included a couple of bags that were large enough they had to be checked on the flight out to Colorado, in addition to several smaller bags and bike helmets and such), all inside the car. And only when we were unloading the car in Kansas did we realize that we'd forgotten about the luggage compartment in the hatch area below the floor and above the spare - it was empty the whole time. One person rode sitting in the smaller part of the split rear seat area. It all worked just fine, it was comfortable enough. And we could have crammed some more stuff in if we had needed to.

I have to suppose my 2010 Prius could do even better.

arescec and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done! how many miles on her?

3. arescec

arescec Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Something similar happened when 3 of us moved some stuff to a rented flat in another city - car was probably 150 or so pounds over the weight limit but did great in the end.