1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My wife had a fender bender!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by wwiggins, Aug 25, 2012.

1. wwiggins

wwiggins Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It looks like only the front bumper panel and the right fog/driving light. It's crumpled pretty bad but I think it's contained to the one panel.

I'm not a fixit yourself kind of guy but it doesn't look like too big of a job. I have $1,000 deductible.

Q: will that panel and light (daytime running light) cost anywhere near $1,000 at local body shop?
    Q: how big a do it yourself job is it?
    Q: how much money will a do it yourself job cost? And where to get the parts.

Thanks

Wade

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The replacement of parts is not tough at all, the big issue is painting. Replacement parts generally come just primed.
    At a shop, I am guessing over $1K,,, probably about 1,500 I am guessing.
    Sorry to hear that it happened by the way. :(

3. wwiggins

wwiggins Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We

We bought it 5 months ago... Do you think I could find a matching pull a part?

If I'm going to have to pay $1000 anyway I don't want to have to file a claim.

Thanks
    Wade

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sure,,, if you can find color matched parts, it would be a straight forward job ( assuming no structural damage). '12 parts might be hard to find at this point though. Good luck!

5. FractionalDerivative

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I collided with a car in the same general area (perhaps a bit more to the side). The damage extended to the headlight assembly and a bit beyond. The repairs cost $2850. It would have been several hundred dollars less if the car didn't have a pearl paint. But I saved money because they didn't repaint the entire bumper after they repaired it. How they managed to blend the paint is beyond me. My two complaints is that the gap between the side panel and the bumper could be more uniform, and the headlight assembly could fit a bit better.

6. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    maybe autobeyours.com has what you need?

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The hidden damage beneath the cover and hidden costs make this something that should be evaluated by a professional.