1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Wife's '08 Prius is 10-7

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tvpierce, Sep 20, 2017.

1. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My wife was rearended by a pickup about 3.5 hours from home. Remarkably she was still able to drive it home -- albeit with broken lower glass on the rear hatch. Insurance adjuster looked at it... it's totaled!
    This was our first Prius. We bought it used with 90K miles on it a little over two years. Now has 186K and has been a fantastic car. My wife drives 40-50K miles per year for work, and we were planning to keep this car for another 3 years or more. I was looking forward to starting one of those threads about my car having high mileage (300K... 400K) and still on the original battery/engine/tranny. Apparently, it was not to be! :(

What a great car. Hate to see it go.

There was never any question about what we'd replace it with -- another Prius. The only question was which one. She needs more space for work -- she carries 3 full size, and one half-size suitcases. So we went with a '13 Prius V Package 5. Still getting to know it, but seems like a fantastic car. (Although I'm going to miss the simplicity of the Gen 2.)

Thanks to everyone who's helped me out in my time here on the Gen 2 forum. I know many of you also have Gen 3 cars, so I'll see you over there.

BTW: I have a box of parts and things for the Gen 2 I'll be listing in the Classified section.

Aaron Vitolins likes this.