1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mycar.com

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Bill60546, May 28, 2004.

1. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    mycar.com is a reverse auction site for purchasing new cars. A reverse auction has one buyer and a number of sellers with the price bid down. This is unlike a traditional auction with one seller and a number of buyers with the price being bid up. Reverse auctions are used by major corporations for buying anything from direct materials to services. (FreeMarkets, Ariba, CommerceOne, Iasta, etc.) Please note Prius prices located within the Toyota summary for "prices we've gotten other customers".

http://www.mycar.com/new_cars/new_car_auct....asp?make_id=36

I auctioned a 04 Honda Accord EX V6 Navi, loaded with all the bells and whistles, and it came in at 9% under MSRP. Clearly, due to supply the Prius may not yield such benefits but it doesn't hurt to try for those that can wait or may need a different car.

Just another idea to consider. Afterall, even getting a loaded Accord priced at 9% under MSRP, I still bought a Prius. :mrgreen:

2. thockin

thockin New Member

I'd pay the fee if I was assured that I would have a car at or near MSRP, and not just get stuck on a waiting list. I'm not going to fork over 20-50 bucks just to be added to yet another 6-8 month list..

Tim