1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mystery model

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by arthur887a, Dec 30, 2008.

1. arthur887a

arthur887a New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    [IMGLINK][/IMGLINK]I live in Marietta, Ohio, a town of 15,000 in the southeastern[IMGLINK][/IMGLINK] corner of the state. I'm the happy and satisfied owner of a 2006 Prius.
    About two months ago, while driving on one of the city's streets, I found myself behind a mysterious Prius, which I assumed to be a 2009 model. Because I didn't get a chance to see anything besides the rear, I can't tell you anything about the rest of the car, but it was still interesting. The car had a much more traditional rear--single window (no split), no spoiler, and completely new tail lights. Now that I've seen pictures of the '09, it's obvious that the rear of the new model is unchanged!
    So, what was the mystery Prius?
    Art Jone[IMGLINK]s[/IMGLINK]

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That sounds like the old classic model.

Tom

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Did it look like this:

[​IMG]

4. SDP40F501

SDP40F501 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My jaw dropped when I saw my first Prius sedan on the road, it happened while I was waiting for my 2008. I thought, you mean I could have had a conventional sedan? Where were they hiding that?
    :jaw:

I'm happy with the liftback now, loads more utility!

Jim

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My first ride in a prius was in a NHW11, very nice.
    You would have noticed the "Prius" badge was in a different font with a much more rounded P.

6. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's really weird reading a post like that.

I saw the ORIGINAL model Prius back in April 2000... after waiting an agonizing long time for the opportunity. The wait for the CLASSIC seemed like forever, mostly because the only real-world info we had came from Japan. The ICONIC wasn't too bad, since I already had a Prius to drive in the meantime.

But now... 9 years after having initially discovered Prius... I find myself yet again having to wait... wondering if the both the newbies and veterans have any idea how much will change when this next generation starts appearing on roads.

It's going to be intense.

7. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We can only hope that is the case.

PS you can still by used "ORIGINALS" here, as well as used "CLASSICS" and "ICONICS" .. all are still going strong.