1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mystery phone button????

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by CyberlandGal, Jul 8, 2012.

1. CyberlandGal

CyberlandGal New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just purchased a 2011 Toyota Prius II (Certified with only 3800 miles for $22,400!!!). It has a button with a phone on it with two smaller narrow buttons below and on top of the phone button. This "phone button" is directly under the Power button. In my owner's manual, the button is listed as "Advanced Parking Guide System/Intelligent Parking Assist pre-support," but that is clearly not the feature. The salesman said it was a custom feature and he wasn't sure what it was... maybe bluetooth. Does anybody know what it is? When I press it, a bell/buzzer sound rings but nothing else happens. Any information on what the feature might be would be appreciated as well as any manuals, videos, etc. where I can learn how to operate it. Thanks!

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome aboard!
    No idea but my wild guess is that it's some aftermarket Bluetooth add on as the '11 model Two didn't come w/Bluetooth support at all. What if you press + hold the button.

BTW, if that's the price before tax, that's not a very good one. Sorry to burst your bubble... Last year, one could buy a new '11 Prius model Two for less over here. See 2011 or 2012 Prius? | PriusChat and Help me choose '11 Prius please. II or III? | PriusChat. My friend for a new '11 Prius model Three for less than $22,400 last year.

And, right now at Specials on New & Used Cars, Service, Parts & Financing in Sunnyvale, CA
    '12 Prius model Two comes w/a lot more than '11 model Two. See Exclusive: 2012 MY Prius - Changes and Additions | PriusChat (the note about backup camera on model Two is wrong). The main additions comparing the model Twos besides the exterior changes are the touchscreen audio system, USB port, DRLs, Bluetooth phone support and Bluetooth (A2DP) music streaming.

I bought my 06 new from them.

3. CyberlandGal

CyberlandGal New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the feedback. I feel good about the price. When you search the Toyota Certified website, most in the Washington, D.C., area are several thousand more, even with upwards of 30,000 miles (not 3,800). Mine also has several extra features... besides the mysterious "phone button."

The button does make a second bell/buzzer sound when you press + hold the button that sounds different than when you just push it. The two narrow buttons above and below do not produce any sound at all. Pushing the buttons do not appear to cause anything to light up on any of the dashboards. The only detail I left out is the phone is blue and lights up at night.

Again, any information on what the feature might be would be appreciated as well as any manuals, videos, etc. where I can learn how to operate it. Thanks again!

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have no idea since I'm unfamiliar w/any aftermarket installed BT solutions. If we had a brand and model #, that would make things much easier.

Perhaps pressing + holding puts it into a pairing mode? What if you put your phone into paring mode at that point? Is there a device on your phone that shows up after you press + hold?

5. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Did you try to sync your phones bluetooth to the the car? You can start the sync process on the phone and see if the phone detects a new device. Holding the button down might be needed for the car to sync to the phone. It should broadcast its ID to the phone. But, you would then need to know the password of the device.
    Is there a microphone that has been added ? Another sign of a bluetooth add-on. There is a spot for a microphone in the overhead console, But, it does not come pre-wired with a microphone and I doubt anyone would spend the time to route the wires there. They probably just glued the bluetooth microphone somewhere above the sun visor.

The up and down buttons probably allow you to page through the phones saved numbers.

I see cwerdna beat me to the punch with his post.

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Does it look like Blu Logic Handsfree Solutions: ? If not, perhaps you can post a picture? There might be a wild chance that someone can identify the make and model.

7. CyberlandGal

CyberlandGal New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the advice. I tried it and I found a "Blue Logic 1411" bluetooth signal that I was able to connect my cell to by guessing the password. Now, I just need to figure out how to work Blue Logic (there is what looks like could be a microphone behind the steering wheel). I am going to start Googling for info on it. But if anybody can provide basic instructions, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks again!

8. CyberlandGal

CyberlandGal New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks so much. The system is Blu Logic. I think the link you provided are the directions I seek. Thanks again!

9. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So get it paired to your cell and enjoy the bluetooth handsfree.

10. Blue Mozey Owner

Blue Mozey Owner New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you so much for asking the question and providing an answer. I had the exact same problem!

11. Gnarly

Gnarly Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  12. Gnarly

Gnarly Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I connect, I get both media and phone.

But I can use the stereo volume to control. I even turned off the head unit and my music was still on speakers.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.