1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

N00b Introductions

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by smurfpotter624, Sep 10, 2008.

1. smurfpotter624

smurfpotter624 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Greetings!

I joined this site a couple weeks ago when I decided on the Prius for my next car.

Between a new position at work and moving 30 miles away from work and school, the choice wasn't too hard to make. Not to mention all the cool things I could do to my new car.

I'll be on the market for a new (used) Prius in mid-October. Probably looking for a 2004-2005 around $17,000. I'm pre-approved at my credit union and my mom is buying my old car from me.

I've read so much of this forum in the past weeks that I fear I may be mildly obsessed. I'm sure my S.O. thinks so. [ He just read this and said, "That's for damn sure!" ]

I can't wait!!!

p.s. This is a great site!

2. EvilTree

EvilTree New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome ;) If you end up getting a Prius you`ll love it. I know I do

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat, smurfpotter624! You'll love your Prius when you get it. Be sure to check Carfax when you buy a used car to make sure you're not buying someone else's headache or reconstruction. It's such a sophisticated car that a little bit put back together wrong can mean nothing but problems down the road.

4. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello and welcome!

There is so much great information on here, surf and browse, you'll be up to speed in no time!

5. Neohybrid

Neohybrid Not-so-junior member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    As others have said and I will echo -- you will love it when you get it. I have had lots of new cars, but this is the first one I've purchased that made me want to go out and get a second one. I put a deposit down for a Spectra Blue pkg. 5 today; I just have to work out the rest of the deal on Monday.

As Bill already mentioned be especially diligent about checking out a used one if you go that route. This car has stuff that others don't -- it can get pretty complicated if something goes wrong. If you do your homework you might be able to get a new one for a "few dollars more" over used.

6. Waylon

Waylon 300,000 miles and going

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hello everyone,

My name is Waylon. I have owned my Prius since 2002, I bought it in San Jose, California with only 1 mile on it. Now it is 2011 and my car has over 300,000 miles on it. I love my Prius it has been a dream come true.

I have recently moved to Asheville, NC and I must say it is a great feeling when you drive around and at any given moment you will see at least 6 - 11 Prii driving around next to you or parked in a parking lot.

This being said. I am starting a Prius Car Club. It will be based in Asheville, NC but anyone around the world is welcome to join and I would like to branch the car club to everywhere. It is free to join and I will have merchandise for the car clubs naturally if people want it, but what I am working on is a way for people like me who love these cars to be able to get discounts from Toyota and the local Toyota dealerships. Also once the members hits a certain number I am going to start having an annual PRIUS FESTIVAL here in Asheville, NC.

If anyone else is interested in joining this car club let me know. The site will be launching very soon.

Waylon

7. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Ummmmm, exact same post, two different threads within your first 3 posts is somewhat suspicious looking. It gives the impression you are trolling our membership to start your own site.

8. Waylon

Waylon 300,000 miles and going

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Actually not at all. I just posted on this one and then posted an individual thread as I was not quite sure what the protocol was. I am not starting a new website like this I am starting a car club which is something completely different. I thought I made that clear. Guess I should have been more clear on that.

I am starting a car club everyone! It is not a chat site like this a car club is a place where people who own PRII actually get together in "PERSON" and go on drives and special events together. The main one which I am starting is gonna be based in Asheville, NC. I would hope that people would start them across the United States and beyond.

Hope that answered any of your concerns...

I was raised in car clubs when younger and I felt that the fellowship that was there would be something that Prius owners would like to be part of, but I guess that may not be for everyone.

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Don't worry about it waylon - if it's any consolation my guess is that most found only good intentions couched in your post(s). Carry on. And, congrat's hitting the big 300! Our '04 is still just a baby, at 100K.
    :)
    As an unimportant side note . . . wow . . . you must of had to dig deep into the old thread pile to post the comment here. The OP was about 3 years ago!

10. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Cool, sounds great!