1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAACP Says Vick Should Play Again

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Washington1788, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Washington1788

Washington1788 One of the "Deniers"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    While not a real surprise the NAACP took this position...what is shocking are some of the comments an official at the NAACP has made concerning dog fighting.

"R.L. White, president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said his organization does not condone dogfighting or any other illegal activity, but he told reporters that Vick should be given a chance to redeem himself.

"In some instances, I believe Michael Vick has received more negative press than if he would've killed a human being," White said. "The way he is being persecuted, he wouldn't have been persecuted that much had he killed somebody."

White said he believes Vick will cut a deal rather than roll the dice on a trial and take a chance on being found guilty, but "whatever he's done wrongly, he needs to pay for it.

White also said he didn't understand the uproar over dogfighting, when hunting deer and other animals is perfectly acceptable."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/22/vick/index.html

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Last time I checked, hunters didn't ductape a deer's legs so another deer could kick the cr@p out of it. Nor did they electrocute or hang deer that didn't kick the other deer until it was dead.

The NAACP speaker was either clueless about the details of Vick's charges or is just completely clueless, period.

While I don't care for hunting I will be the first to say that hunters are not CRUEL. Whether they are hunting for food or sport they do not allow an animal to suffer.

Michael Vick and his "friends" went out of their way to cause suffering. It went beyond cruel. It was sadistic. It reeked of the first steps to serial killing.

3. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    He can play again -- in prison.

Personally, I applaud Gene Upshaw and the NFL Players Association for not circling their wagons around this miscreant. Instead, Upshaw and the union abandoned Vick, which is exactly what they should have done.

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How about this for a solution. Go to jail OR play and earn the pay he was contracted to do. 5% of the pay to Vick for food, housing, marijuana, whatever. 95% of that pay will go to house orphaned animals. That's a win win if I've ever heard one.

5. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 22 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]500663[/snapback]</div>
    5% of $130 million is still way too much money for this turd. Give him half of the league minimum.

6. tballx

tballx New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 22 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]500614[/snapback]</div>
    Pretty much sums it up.

7. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 22 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]500614[/snapback]</div>
    http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=meet_your_meat

While hunters might not torture their prey and some people eat "organic and humanely treated meat," the vast majority of meat eaters eat meat that are "tortured". If these meat eaters judge Vick, should not they judge themselves?

8. saechaka

saechaka Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 22 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]500719[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not sure what your getting at, so ill guess. if I eat meat that is humanely killed then I can judge vick without being a hypocrite. if I eat meat that is tortured then I'm a hypocrite and need to change to eating meet that is killed humanely. final one here, if I eat any meat then I am bad and need to stop. just not sure what your trying to get at

9. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 22 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]500719[/snapback]</div>
    The last time I checked, being a carnivore isn't a felony.

Besides, if you wan't to talk about hypocrites, then PETA is the place to start. These are the people that have poisoned dogs in shows because they feel showing dogs is an inhumane practice.

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 22 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]500719[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, but I don't consider PETA a reliable source for anything. Not since their representatives lied to get puppies and kittens released from animal shelters promising to find them homes only so they could kill them in the back of a van and dump them in local dumpsters.

To PETA the only good pet is a dead pet.

PETA killed over 14,400 animals between 1998 and 2005. (They still haven’t fully reported their 2006 body count.) PETA euthanizes an astonishingly high 90 percent of the animals it takes in -- more than triple the rate of a nearby SPCA. And one of its staffers has admitted in court to gathering up dozens of healthy shelter pets, “putting them down†in her PETA-owned van, and dumping the carcasses in a nearby dumpster.

They're right down their with Michael Vick. Only difference is that PETA uses lethal injection and kills on a more massive scale.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saechaka @ Aug 22 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]500733[/snapback]</div>

I think Burritos is encouraging everyone to keep kosher.

(PETA kills)

11. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wait a second here. I think you're all missing the most important aspect of this:

The President of the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP is Mr. White! :lol:

Also, this reminds me of the time when two rival gangs got in a fight at a high school football game in Decator, IL. They were caught on film fighting in the stands, carrying over/onto/into other people, moving up and down the stands, and basically wreaking havoc.
    Jesse Jackson came to their defense claiming that their school suspension was too strict.
    When a bunch of white high school girls were suspended for hazing, Mr. Jackson was nowhere to be found.

If the NAACP is truly concerned with advancing people, they should focus on better role models to advance.

12. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I live in Atlanta. I have long been wondering what the role of the NAACP really is.

I see a lot of press on them. They seem to only support thugs, criminals and good all around jerks. They seem to be more racist than the so called racism they claim to fight.

I have no respect for them. If any other racial group had an organization like this, we would never hear the end of it.

The Vick case is the icing on the cake. The guy is a loser that was willing to throw away at least $160 million.

He should be fined half of it and it should go to educate the poor of Atlanta.

13. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    NAACP: Imus should not work but Vick should. Hmmmm.

14. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(koa @ Aug 23 2007, 01:39 AM) [snapback]500839[/snapback]</div>

And let us not forget about that "poor girl victimized by the Duke athletes".

When are "colored" folks going to pull the plug on these hippocrites? They do more harm than good.

15. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    He killed mans best friend...and Womens best friend too! For this he should be reincarnated as a fire hydrant in dog heaven.

I saw a T-shirt once that read, " PETA People Eating Tasty Animals.

16. Washington1788

Washington1788 One of the "Deniers"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(koa @ Aug 23 2007, 01:39 AM) [snapback]500839[/snapback]</div>
    Good point!

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 22 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]500663[/snapback]</div>
    With a few other restrictions that ain't a bad idea. B)

Wildkow

18. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Swanny1172 @ Aug 22 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]500677[/snapback]</div>
    No, I'd say cap him at the top of the middle class. Say something in the neighborhood of $50,000-$75,000. That's plenty to live nicely and still own a cell phone and a nice TV with cable. Plenty of people live comfortably on a lot less.

Let the rest go to spay/neuter programs and rehabilitating abused animals, shelters and adoption. (With the exception of PETA. NOTHING for PETA.)

19. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I had a staunch Republican roommate in college who wrote a thesis entitled "where's mine?"

My state college was required to make publicly available all income and expenses. So he researched the amounts spent to support the various "houses" on campus: those places on campus where students of various ethnicity and racial backgrounds could go and mingle. He then started hanging out at those places. In true Micheal Moore fashion, it wasn't long before he was asked to please leave. Politely, he admits, but still firmly.

So the crux of his argument was that there should be an establishment where white Anglo-Saxon American Christians can mingle and hang out with complete authority to firmly though politely ask "others" no kindly leave in the same manner that he was removed from the others. In other words, "where's mine?"

Priusmaybe, as you predicted he was forced to retract his thesis and threatened with expulsion on the grounds of overt racism and intolerance.

20. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    My favorite editorial was, "Aaaeeeeyy ... it anit like e kill sumone". I guess by that logic, compared to the worse of the worst, every one gets a pass out of jail, except maybe Hitler, Pol Pot, Edi Amien, and Joey Stalin. (shaking head)