1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nanny Navi: refuses to back down

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pri-mordial, Mar 21, 2010.

1. pri-mordial

pri-mordial Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Once my Navigator plots a route, and I disobey 'her' instructions, it takes an extremely long time to 'voluntarily' plot a new route.

Attached (I hope) is a picture of a route home (in the UK): excuse the camera shake. I was stationary, honest, officer. On the right of the map is a route clearly indicating "I should turn back".

On the left is the route it's mapped. I'm just about to join the route it's mapped, but it insists on sending me back through a 10 mile detour to get to a point about 1 mile ahead. It suggests I turn back at every junction: it knows all about the route I'm on, so why can't it calculate ahead ?

Is there some magic button to force the re-calculation?

Attached Files:

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My Nav will not recalculate a new route until I have passed the intersection or ramp where it is telling me to turn. Once I pass the intersection or turning point, it immediately starts calculating a new route.

3. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Same with mine, although not necessarily the best route. I've had her tell me to make the next legal u-turn after missing a turn which makes sense, but then I've also had her try to get me to go a mile out of my way making 3 rights to get me on the street I should have turned left on. I ignored her and made my next legal u-turn. :)

Oh, and she got lost in Salinas. lol. Then trying to get me "back on track" she first told me to get on the freeway going south. I refused because I was basically where I needed to go and if you get on the freeway you've usually got a mile before the next exit. So after I passed the southbound onramp she wanted me to get on the same freeway going north! Seems she wanted a do over. :pound: