1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

National Environmental Trust Event

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by pkjohna, Oct 2, 2007.

1. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is not my event but I thought some in the area might be interested. Please contact Erik directly if you're interested

-----------------------------pasted e-mail below----------------
    Hi John,

My name is Erik DuMont and I'm the Virginia Representative for National Environmental Trust. I got your contact info off the www.priuschat.com website. I wanted to let you know about an event we're putting together for next Monday and to see if you would be interested. Also, for whatever reason, the site doesn't seem to want to let me post to everyone in the Norterh VA / DC area, so I was wondering if you might be able to pass on the info.

My organization is working on several campaigns right now, all focused on global warming. As part of that, we're working to achieve stronger fuel economy standards for our cars. The US Senate earlier this year passed stronger standards, but the House has yet to do so (although we expect a vote later this year). The big Auto manufacturers (GM, Ford, Daimler/Chrysler) have been lobbying very hard against this proposal. Also, the Alliance for Auto manufacturers is lobbying against the tougher standards, and what is surprising is that despite making the most fuel efficient cars in the country, Toyota is part of the effort to defeat the tougher standards.

On Monday, my organization is having an event (location TBA) to call out Toyota for being hypocritical - on the one hand, they make the Prius, the most fuel efficient vehicle we have, and on the other hand, they are actively blocking efforts to make fuel efficiency better for everyone. Our event will feature as many Prius owners as we can find, which is why I'm contacting you.

If you're interested in what we are doing, please let me know. Hope to hear back from you,

Best,

--
    Erik DuMont
    Virginia Representative
    NET
    571-926-4079
    [email protected]