1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

National Park Service Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by DonDNH, Jun 21, 2005.

1. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Click here to see the National Park Service Pruis.

I just finished a cross country (Oakland CA to York PA) 3500 mile road trip with my oldest daughter. She is relocating to begin hospital rotations for her third year of medical school. Our 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid which was loaded to the rafters still managed to get 49.8 MPG at legal highway speed limits across I-90 (65 - 75 MPH). We had a great time.

Our schedule permitted us to spend a day in Yellowstone and I saw this Prius in one of the parking areas. I had to take a picture for the forum. The picture is high res so that you may zoom in to see the detail on of the mural. Yes, this picture was taken on June 12th and it was snowing in the park.

2. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Very amazing! As a former career Natl Park Service ranger it was repeatedly made clear that the federal government only purchases "US made" vehicles, never "foreign." We have indeed come a long way.

This is another positive reinforcement for those who question if Prii are snow-worthy vehicles that can operate effectly in severe cold climates and at higher elevations.

Thank you for sharing!

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Nice car.

Looks more like this car may have been donated to the park as I can't see them allowing Toyota to advertise on the car otherwise.