1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'Natural Family' Resolution Divides Utah City

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by IsrAmeriPrius, Jun 25, 2006.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Excerpts:

2. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

I don't think even Rove (who's Mormon) would dare try to put that little screed in the national Republican Platform, though he probably agrees with it totally.

3. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

What the hell do they mean by a "full quiver of children?" I know they do some weird stuff in Utah, but I hope they aren't using children for archery practice!

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 25 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]276677[/snapback]</div>
    Onward christian soldier.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 25 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]276677[/snapback]</div>
    Did you read the complete article? These additional excerpts may give a clue:

6. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jun 25 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]276695[/snapback]</div>
    I did read it- I just never heard of a "quiver of children" before, and I guess these people never heard of ZPG!

7. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

You wouldn't have to spend a whole week in Knabb to understand how this happened.

And, good for them... They live there... they believe in the traditional family, and basically that's all they've done... is to say that they believe in the traditional family (as it has been traditional in Knabb UT). It would be their pleasure to continue in that tradition.

But, that's all it is... a statement of intention. There's no teeth to it... If some guy grows up but never marries, there is no penalty. If a couple never has kids, no penalty....

If a bus load of weirdo's shows up trying to make something of it, we probably never hear of it... that place is the kind of area where weirdo's could easily disappear and no one ever know what happened to them.

I'm sure there are places in texas, wyoming, montana, etc.. where the 'good ol boys' can take care of things just the same as you'll find in knabb UT. If you think this place is just a smaller version of the place where you live.... Think again...

8. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I take it Knabb was just adding it's voice to the viewpoint that polygamists like Joey Smith are unatureal "pathologies" ?