1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

nav and phone data x'fer between Prius's

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by beachbuggy, Jun 26, 2009.

1. beachbuggy

beachbuggy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    also posted in knowledge base..but desperate enough to consider offering $$ for a decent solution..

Does anybody know of a way to easily transfer personal data, i.e. the phone book or the nav info, from a 2008 to a 2010? I just talked with a dealer who said the only way is to enter the data manually. I guess we are supposed to sit in the parking lot on "new car day" and go through the whole thing with the cars side by side? My wife so hated that from the awkward and tedious process (just the phone book part) in the 2008, she may veto the 2010 over this. In a world that is fast becoming all about moving data, it seems inconceivable that Toyota or anybody would fail to consider this an important aspect of maintaining a loyal, returning customer base. Frankly, I was a little shocked when told we would have to do it all over again. Who knows the hack, or the absolute bottom line fact that it just can't be done (sigh)?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the dealer is correct. Your phone info should be easy enough to do by transferring your phone book from the phone to the Prius. However, the map addresses will have to be a manual input.

3. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),24 Venza Limit,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Many phones will not do this for some reason. There is a thread on using a blue tooth laptop to make this happen. I have a new ATT BT phone and it links fine but will never transfer the phone book.