1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAV CD version

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by xsailor1, Apr 19, 2005.

1. xsailor1

xsailor1 Junior Member

What is the latest nav cd version and when can we expect to go to the next version?

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the latest version was released last year. I don't know of any being released soon. the last version released wa worse than the previous version. I have no faith in the newest edition ( if one comes out ). I talked to the company and they seemed pretty lousy. They gave me a " if people send us information of things changing, then we'll change it" type of answer. It took me a while to get a hold of them. i dought anyone will call them up, even if there is a problem. People tend to go to toyota, who can do nothing.

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

I can't wait until someone cracks the data format on the DVD, so we can at least update addresses, phone numbers, and add new POIs.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm.. well.. the cd has a mopar logo on it. not sure id Diamler Chrysler owns the company that makes it or not. I've seen CDs in Jeeps and other D.C. made cars and their cd's are not compatible. They say toyota on it too... hmm... So, the company makes cds for toyota and D.C. hmm. I like the version i have. I was offered the update from toyota but made them write on their sheet that i refused. " DO NOT UPDATED DVD" in huge letters. they didn't. i was happy.

5. jbreynolds

jbreynolds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xsailor1\";p=\"82724)</div>
    The current DVD version number for the '04-05 nav system is 04.2, for the '01-03 04.1. Neither carries a Mopar logo, so I'm not sure what disk V8Cobrakid has.

Denso/Toyota usually issue annual updates in September or October. The '04-05 received more frequent updates due to problems with the map data. Denso has now (as of v.04.2) switched to the same data suppliers it uses for the '01-03 system, so I would expect annual updates from now on.

The nav disks are in Kiwi format, which is documented on the Kiwi-W Consortium Web site, but Denso appears to use some proprietary extensions to it.