1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav Display Resolution

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by duganpat, Jan 1, 2010.

1. duganpat

duganpat Junior Member

Hello out there fellow Prius owners.... I have a 2006 and just purchased a 2010 Model 3. I have noticed that the Nav System display resolution on the 2010 is much poorer than the 2006. I went to the dealer and sat in a model 5 and had similar results. Has anyone else observed this?

Thanks in advance...

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, buried somewhere back a few months when it came out, there are threads where we were discussing the same thing. The screen was 'crisper' in my 2006. The backup camera images were also smoother with the old screen when in motion...

3. Gordon Stach

Gordon Stach New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Images were sharper in my 2005, however that is not my main concern. My 2010 Nav system sucks! The cursor is always behind the vehicle which results in mis directions when a destination is programmed. The dealer service mgr took me on a test drive in a new Prius on their lot and it did the same identical thing.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I may be wrong but the 2005 may have had the same resolution as the 2010. It was not until the 2006 that the screen resolution changed for the better.

5. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Wish it was crisper as well, but it has not been a problem for my daily use and driving habits....

6. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That happens when you change wheels/tires. I don't know what tires you have or what tires the dealer had on the cars. Did you activate the Navi calibration? That might fix your problem.