1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav display

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by yeldogt, Jan 8, 2016.

1. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The Nav display in my 2011 will no longer go to the brightest setting. It will shift from night to day -- but will no longer go to the brightest setting when the dash wheel is turned to the highest setting.

What provides the light?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you checked "DISP" setting and turn the daytime mode's brightness up? There's two separate brightness and contrast setinngs - one for day and one for night.

3. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The only thing I have played around with is the dash light adjustment wheel to the left side of the steering column ....on the dash.

I will look for the DISP option -- I assume this is through the Nav touch display?

I have not been driving the car lately -- Maybe someone changed a setting without understanding what they did.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah it's within the screen itself. You have the 7" screen, right? it should be one of the buttons on the right side of the screen, near the bottom.

It's possible.

5. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for you help -- I should have figured it had it's own control. Car due back in area Monday .. so I hope that's it.