1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAV DVD v5.1 on ebay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tag, Nov 15, 2005.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

3. tag

tag Senior Member

I read that response as well. I just found it a little disconcerting that the part numbers on the disk up for auction are different than those posted by one of our members here (who has a 2005 Prius with v5.1).

4. jbreynolds

jbreynolds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    A message on a Sienna forum shows the same picture (identifiable by the background and the reflection of the photographer's fingers) labelled as the original disk from a 2006 Sienna nav unit, which appears to be the Generation 5 system. This doesn't match the eBay description. Unless Zalmang = pioneersuby, I would question whether the seller even has the disk.

5. tag

tag Senior Member

:lol: Good catch! I looked at the thread on the Sienna forum, noticed you already asked whether Zalmang = pioneersuby, and got a negative response. Also, I noted that pioneersuby is also selling an entire 2004 Sienna NAV system. Thus, I suppose he or she probably cruises that same forum and perhaps lifted the photo for use on ebay.

6. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I do ebay a lot. It is tough having 362 transactions and a 99.2% good rating and be a cheater.

I live close enough to this town to check him out. I was interested until I saw his starting price was $100. I mean, he answers an inquiry that he doesn't know what it's worth and will "let the buyers decide". But he knows to start his free (to him) DVD at $100.

Too rich for my blood.

7. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $100 seems like a reasonable starting price, considering buying it from Toyota would be over a few hundred. I'd much rather see someone do that than set a reserve price - I've never understood that - You want a reserve price? Just set the starting bid at it.

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This guy knows how to work the system; here is his email response to my question regarding the source of the photo:
    If I got to see the actual item and it appeared to be legitimate and in good condition, I would not hesitate paying $100 for it.

9. tag

tag Senior Member

Which, of course, means neither one of use would ever get it for $100 on ebay. :lol:

10. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I would go down to the dealer and order one for $100 now... not to keen for 350+ guess I should have waited on the free upgrade, but the one that came with the car was so very bad (well in my area)..

Toyota, you eye'ing this... $100 to upgrade... count me in..