1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav/DVD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Keri, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Keri

Keri New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sorry if this has been a topic already. I perused the forum to check for that before I posted here, but Prius folks post a lot! Here is my question: With my 2005 Tahoe, (for sale by the way) my husband did some mysterious things concerning ribbon cable, wires and an underdash toggle switch thingy and PRESTO my nav screen will play dvd's---perfect LCD quality movies from either the factory dvd player or my iPod! You watch the same movie on the nav screen as is playing on the dvd scree. Is this same thing possible with the Prius? I would assume it would be, but without a factory dvd player to run the dvd off of..............or could my iPod be my dvd player.............. Thanks for your help!

2. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am no expert and don't know for sure but check out http://www.coastaletech.com/ they might have something there for it.

There might also be other options or ways to do it yourself, I seem to recall this has been talked about on here, but it is not something that interests me to be honest so I haven't really kept on top of it.

Phil

3. Keri

Keri New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Phil for your help. I will definately check it out. I can't understand that you do not care about having DVD in the front seat. I love it!

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Keri @ Aug 7 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]492220[/snapback]</div>
    How about it is illegal while driving.

5. philwojo

philwojo Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am pretty sure it is not legal. I don't care because I don't have kids, and would rather watch a DVD on my 56" HD DLP TV, not on a littel 5 or 6 inch crappy set in my car.

Plus being it is just my wife and I when we drive there is no need.

Doesn't mean it is not useful or good for others, just not for me, that is all I'm saying. I love gadgets and this is a cool one, again, just not what I need.

Phil

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Keri @ Aug 7 2007, 12:19 AM) [snapback]491698[/snapback]</div>
    A half height DVD player can be installed in the dash compartment and the door wasn't removed. Seeing stuff like this is a good reason to participate in your local Prius meets.