1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav Freeway Exit Info Screen - where did it go?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by pjb_spammable, Aug 5, 2010.

1. pjb_spammable

pjb_spammable New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have tried without success to figure out how to turn the Freeway Exit Information Menu back on. I tried resetting the nav system settings to the default; still no luck. I don't remember exactly when i turned it off, but it was not long after I bought it, and I mistakenly turned it off at one point (and no idea how I did that, either).

Has anyone figured out how to turn this screen on, what settings are required?

1 person likes this.
  2. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    When you have the NAV activated, there is a softkey on the screen in the lower left-hand side quadrant (right above the + button to zoom). Press that and it will give you five or six options for split-screen display.

3. pjb_spammable

pjb_spammable New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think it has something to do with the Freeway mode that is grayed out under the split-screen menu. The only options available are Single, Double, and Compass; how do I make those grayed-out options accessible?

4. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    To the best of my knowledge, that just means you aren't on a freeway. Are you trying this while parked in your driveway?

I have been on freeways that the Nav doesn't know are freeways, which causes little hiccups like this. Especially true for roads that recently became freeways.

1 person likes this.
  5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not all freeways are the same in the map database. The big Interstates all have exit information, but some of the smaller or less used limited access highways are treated as normal roads. It's confusing the first time you get on one. I pushed all sorts of buttons trying to get my exit information.

Tom

6. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    As previously mentioned you have to be on a freeway that the system recognizes or that function will stay grayed out. Once you have it selected it should stay selected, unfortunately it doesn't always do so. I've had to reset mine several times.

I have also had mine malfunction by displaying the freeway screen and the exits but no mileage to the exits. I left it alone for 20 miles or so thinking it would "fix itself", no such luck. I finally pulled over and removed the Nav CD and reinstalled it, it came back up and ran OK after that.

1 person likes this.