1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAV map update I hope

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by twoturnin, Jan 6, 2013.

1. twoturnin

twoturnin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Other than the crappie rear speakers the biggest burr under my saddle has been the NAV data base age. July 2012 new V came with a 2 yr old map data base. Dealer salesman says hes going to help me get updated. Also Pandora I understand has a new update .

2. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What do you mean by a Pandora update?
    those Apps update should come over the air when you are connected to Entune.
    Your dealer can get U a free map update?

3. digitalsherpa

digitalsherpa New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When I called ToyotaUSA they told me the map updates will be via USB from the dealer. They WILL NOT be free! But, they wouldn't say how much it would cost. That, they said, is up to the dealer! I bought a Pv5 three weeks ago. The map doesn't show a new major toll road in my area that was opened over two years ago! If I really need navigational assistance, I plan to use my trusty Garmin that gets updated four times a year!

4. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Toyota should have been able to tell you the retail price of map updates - currently $169 MSRP if my information is correct. Rather Garmin or Toyota OEM, it can take some years for a road change to show in GPS updates. Garmin headquarters are six miles due south of where I live here in Kansas and my street still doesn't show in their latest map update - but my house and street have been here only about 32 years.

5. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Garmin just does the navigation part, the map database comes from companies such as Tele atlas or Navteq.
    Map issue report to these Map content providers.