1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav route preference question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sking, Jul 25, 2007.

1. sking

sking New Member

I can't seem to figure out how to set a route in the city in a preferred direction. Say my destination is a place northeast. I want to go the first 5 miles north and then turn east for 2 miles. But the Nav system wants to plot my route to take the first east turn for 2 miles and then turn north. The streets are all essentially the same capacity and type but the Nav route goes through a rotten neighborhood. Am I supposed to look at the destination and do something with those arrows around it to tell it the preferred direction to approach it from? I think I may have done that once and it worked, but I'm not sure.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Add one or more additional destinations that are waypoints, then chain them together. For example, if you want it to route through a particular intersection, make that intersection a destination and set you trip to go first to that intersection and next to your final destination.

Tom

3. adamwmcanally

adamwmcanally New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ferree @ Jul 25 2007, 09:39 AM) [snapback]484653[/snapback]</div>
    If you have a general idea of where you are going you can ignore the turn by turn directions and the route will be recalculated to reflect the shortest distance between your current position and your destination. You might get a few "Make a legal U turn" comands, but just ignore them, or suspend the guidence until you need them again and then resumre guidance.

4. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Jul 25 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]484657[/snapback]</div>
    I do this frequently, but also be aware that you can set multiple "areas to avoid", and when you activate any of these areas the NAV will always avoid routing you through that area until you deactivate the "area to avoid". If there is a particular intersection or area that you prefer not to drive through this may be your best option.

5. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Hamilton @ Jul 25 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]484662[/snapback]</div>
    You can set up to 10 "areas to avoid", and they can be narrow or quite wide areas. I have only played with them a bit, but they do work.

In addition, don't forget you also have an alternate route (voice command "Quick 2") you can try if you don't like the originally calculated route.