1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav screen questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tnt71, Mar 12, 2011.

1. tnt71

tnt71 Junior Member

I have a 2011 with the sunroof/nav package. Two questions:

First, the screen never seems to change to night mode. I read the manual and it has an option in there that is not on the screen when I hit the "display" button. The day mode is too bright at night.

I also noticed that if I press the setup button the screen continually defaults back to the setup screen about 20 seconds after I hit another button, like audio or nav. It continues to do this until I shut the car off and restart it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You have the dimmer switch (located on the left side of the dash) set to daytime mode. Rotate it downward to unclick it.

3. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Odd. Are your headlights on while when you hit the display button?
    Day mode button will be near the top of the nav screen if it's working.

4. CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    - Do you also have a very bright MID and instruments at night? You probably have your dimmer clicked off.

- The audio screen is always temporary. The Nav will go back to the Map, Dest, Phone, or Setup screen (whatever was last selected before Audio) after 20 seconds. Pressing MAP should take you completely out of setup.

5. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    That is true, but you can change that default setting and make it stay on the audio or whatever screen you change to. It is quite easy.