1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav screen randomly shut off / restarted

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Baodze, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Baodze

Baodze New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just got a new 2016 Prius c 4, and I love it so far! This is also the first car I've owned under my own name, as I've mostly lived near public transportation and borrowed cars up until now. In other words, I'm a bit of newbie when it comes to the Prius and cars in general. Thanks in advance to all the PRIUSchat experts!

Today while driving home, my navigation screen randomly shut off and restarted. I was playing music off a USB stick, running AC, and using navigate for directions home. The screen went dark and the audio cut while I was stopped at a light (still in Drive), and came back up a few seconds later. Audio restarted and directions still had my home address listed. It seemed pretty minor, but I've also only had the car 1 week. Has anyone had a similar issue? Should I be worried about this or just let it be?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! i seem to remember some gen 4 lift back owners complaint about this, so it maybe a 2016 nav problem. see if you can find anything searching the gen 4 forums, but either way, you should get it back to the dealer. get it fixed while it's under warranty.

3. Baodze

Baodze New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks, bisco! I'll look through the forums and check back with the dealer.

bisco likes this.