1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAV settings reset after 10k service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by qbee42, Jan 22, 2007.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello all,

I just took our black beast in for its 10k service, and was mildly surprised to find that the NAV system seems to have been reset. The display had been changed to North UP and the list of recent destinations was clear. It's no big deal, and it didn't cause any harm, but it did get my curiosity going: why would they have to reset the NAV display? I didn't get the new NAV DVD, so it's not that. Are there new updates that might have been installed?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Jan 22 2007, 08:03 AM) [snapback]378970[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know what else would do it, but unplugging one of the NAV cables from the NAV box will result in North Up getting changed. It also changes the selected region.

I don't know any reason that would have to be unplugged for a 10k service.

Dave M.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmckinstry @ Jan 22 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]379004[/snapback]</div>
    The selected region was changed. I couldn't find my city when trying to input a destination, and then I realized the region was different. How weird.

Tom

4. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Jan 22 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]379047[/snapback]</div>
    Actually I stated that incorrectly. The cable is into the MFD unit. I had to remove it when installing CAN-View on my '05. Norm (eflier here on PC) told me that the region and direction would have to be reset. And of course, it did.

The link to the images is http://www.hybridinterfaces.ca/installNONAV.html.

It is weird if it came out, as it isn't easy to get out. You have to depress a release and then pull firmly.

Dave M.