1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAV System default to SINGLE MAP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Charles Suitt, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :huh: Now, at 15,000+ miles, I still enjoy almost all aspects of "Ernestine" our Prius. I find the NAV system useful and accurate most of the time. However, there's one feature I've tried to change and have not yet found a way to do it.

Most of the time, I prefer the MFD map to be in "Single Map Mode" rather than the left/right split. I have tried every "Menu" setting I can find, including turning the "Intersection Guidance" setting to "OFF" without success. I verbally request "Single Map Mode" and about half the time she responds with "North Up" or some other response unrelated to my request. [She's named "Ernestine" after Lili Tomlin's telephone operator character due to those strange responses.]

Anyone out there know a setting to cause the map mode to default to SINGLE MAP?

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Not sure what you mean... mine defaults to single map while just driving (i.e., tracking my position, not guiding to a destination).

If you mean while guiding to a destination, then mine splits, if I remember right.

3. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't understand either. It starts up in whatever mode you left it in last. If the voice commands aren't working for you, the button to change mode is on the left hand side of the main screen, just above the zoom button, if I recall correctly.

Oh, and just "Single map" rather than "Single map mode" is what I say. Try that.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There must be something in the setup menu, but I don't know where. Just to be sure, are you talking about when driving with a destination as opposed to just having the map up?

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Now, now, I'm sure that was the first place he looked.

I tried looking at the settings area in MENU, but nothing jumped out.

7. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    G'Day IsrAmeriPrius

As a result of your ?helpful? response, I have put you on IGNORE. (Thanks PriusChat for "IGNORE" which enables me to avoid those forum members who insist on using irritating animated avatars or huge pics in their signatures.) I'm confident you went to a lot of trouble to assemble the helpful information you posted.

I have repeatedly read the Manuals cover to cover.

Have a good day.