1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav system Error

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Rick007, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Rick007

Rick007 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    When going to the Nav system my MFD displays:

"A Program can't not be read, Please consult a dealer."

2008 Touring Option #6 with 12,600 miles. Is there something I can check or a fix I can try without going to a dealer? Would this still be covered under the warranty?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This sounds like a problem with the map DVD or the DVD player under the driver's seat. You can check the DVD connectors and reinsert the DVD, but it would be easier to take it in.

Tom

3. lesturner

lesturner Taming the Dragon - Tennessee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That is something that should be covered by your warranty....

4. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  5. Leegerr

Leegerr New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Same problem, Dealer covered it under warranty! So go see them when you can.

6. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would see the dealer to fix the problem. They like to work on warranty problems and turn in the bill to Toyota Corp.

7. Rick007

Rick007 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Follow up to Nav error. Dealer pulled Nav unit and found water under mat. Turns out that the parking lot at my wife's work was flooded several weeks ago. This brings up an insurance claim as opposed to a Warranty claim. This brings up 3 issues.

1. How can Toyota get $5,000 just for the nave floor unit?

2. The dealer said there may be issues with the amp under the passanger seat and that carpet and pad will need to be pulled and dryed. Is there any other areas that I need to be concerned with?

3. The dealer said there may have been 3 inches of water in the car. How did the water get back out of the car? Neither my wife or I noticed mositure after the incident. The water had receeded for parking lot before she went back to car and saw no indication of mositure at the time.

8. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh man, this is bad. Getting that much water in a Prius can cause an unbelievable amount of trouble. You will need to be on the lookout for damaged wiring and connectors. At the very least, you should have a technician clean, dry, and lubricate all of the connectors that were submerged.

Tom