1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAV System home icon question (truly niggling!)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Josho, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Josho

Josho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    So I've been studying the Nav system manual, trying to get a handle on the million little buttons and options, and I think I'm getting it down. But I have one odd little question.

In the manual, on the My Places screen, the button for "Home" (to the left of the five quick access buttons) always shows the Home icon.

On my Nav system screen, though, the icon is always a flag.

I know you're supposed to be able to edit icons, but when I go to the screen to enter/edit/delete memory points, there IS no edit button next to the Home option -- there's only "delete."

Is this problem unique to my car, or is the manual simply out of date?

Thanks,
    Josh

2. snapontool

snapontool New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I think your NAV system might be a newer version than your owners manual. At least that is the case with me. My NAV DVD is vers. 7.1 and my manual is 6.1. I've been too busy just driving around and playing with all the features to actually go back to the dealership and ask for the right book.

3. Josho

Josho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Snapontool,

So it's the same with your system? The HOME button is a flag rather than the icon shown in the manual?

I'll have to check my manual and NAV version as soon as my wife gets home!

Thanks!
    Josh

4. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I think it might be an out of date manual. I have my home set, and the home icon shows up. Do you have your home set as the destination?

5. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Josh,

When you first select and input your home location, there is an icon edit button in the upper left hand side of the screen that you can hit and select a different icon for your home location if you don't want the flag.
    After you select and input your home location, the icon edit button disappears from that screen. If you delete your home location and re-input it, you will then be able to select the home/house icon you want to replace the flag.

I recommend you go to Toyota.com, select Prius, select explore, select videos/demos, and select Navigation System. It is an excellent video and will walk you through demonstrating all the systems and uses of the NAV unit, including how to input address WHILE MOVING and change out the flag home icon. Hope this helps.

6. Josho

Josho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    RW,

Terrific advice and it worked perfectly, thank you so much. I'll be checking out those videos tonight.

With appreciation,
    Josh

7. SGMRHH

SGMRHH New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the tip, I am havings problems with the address book and cell phone input and hope to find the answer there.