1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav system map update

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    [virgin poster here, so go easy]

Thinking of upgrading to Salsa #9 from Silver#7.
    Curious: How is the map database updated? DIY? Cost? Frequency of updates? How detailed are the maps for rural areas and small towns?

2. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How do you plan to Upgrade from a Silver #7 to a Salsa #9? Do you want to sell the car and buy a new one? But, you can buy upgraded map DVDs as them come out and take out the old one and put in the new one and sell the old one on Ebay.

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Silver to Salsa is not the upgrade. #7 to #9 would be, but is it worth the extra $$$. Sorry, "upgrade my order." No car to sell Brian, besides, you already have one! . . . hence, my user name.

Cost? Frequency of updates? How detailed are the maps for rural areas and small towns? Are they Toyota DVD maps, or will any DVD map do?

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It's said about $225-$250 if you want them. We're thinking the first one may be on Toyota on the older cars since the maping is so inaccurate (address tables) in some places. I've made some noise about it, I'm sure others have too.