1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav System on 2008

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by billarb, Feb 7, 2008.

1. billarb

billarb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I wonder if anyone else is having a problem similar to mine. I'm not a computer-phobe and pick up on most instruction manuals pretty easily. I must say, however, that I'm having a heck of a time with the instruction manual for the navigation system in my 2008. Is it just me or does the instruction manual lack clarity?

I found some on-line tutorials for navigation systems, but they were for older models and the systems seemed to be much different than mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I end up pulling out of the driveway, getting lost, and never being able to find my way home again!!!

Thank you.

bill

2. jgs1564

jgs1564 New Member

I had the same issue as you when I first read the navigation manual, after purchasing my 2008 Prius. I have owned several late-model Acuras and I have to say that the owner manuals and ease of use of their navigation systems are superior to that of the Prius. I wonder if all Toyota vehicles (and Lexus vehicles, for that matter) are the same.

3. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The manual is crummy. This link from Lexus (same as Prius system) can be somewhat helpful:

Lexus Navigation System

4. billarb

billarb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

That's helpful. I'll have to spend some time looking at the site. Thank you for the info.

Bill

5. stillageek

stillageek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Honda/Acura Navs are far superior to Toyota/Lexus as far as ease of use, ability to actually find destination when searching (Acura allows phone number searching). My wife has given up using her 2004 Prius Nav. Too much effort involved compared to my TSX Nav.