1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav system on voice control while moving

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Per, May 2, 2007.

1. Per

Per New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    We had the discussion on the fact the nav system cannot be programmed while moving. Does this mean it also cannot be programmed by voice control while moving either?

2. rik

rik Junior Member

Yes, you can program it with voice control while moving, but good luck getting it to understand what you want. The voice UI on the Prius is just awful, awful.

3. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sprague @ May 2 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]434489[/snapback]</div>
    Personally, I find the voice commands work quite well. Granted, your own results may vary depending on ambient noise, your speaking accent, and of course the command itself you are trying to give. ;)

YMMV.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Why, in my 2007, when I say screen off does SHE say "Showing Ski Resort icons"? Screen off works fine in my 2005... It's a very useful command.

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Hello per

I surfed the Internet and found an online DVD for the Lexus NAV system. There had been one for the Prius a couple of years back, but it vanished. The Lexus NAV system is the same as the Prius, the only difference being the dashboard buttons. This link will access the 'info and training' DVD which works very well if your have a high-speed Internet connection. Part of this DVD addresses inputting NAV info verbally while moving.

http://www.lexus.com/lexus-share/demos/LS/.../Lexus_nav.html

6. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sprague @ May 2 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]434489[/snapback]</div>
    I only have a 2005, and it has a rather limited list of voice commands. But I agree about its voice recognition being awful. I'm been quite impressed with how good some voice recognition systems on telephone systems are.

Dave M.

7. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 3 2007, 10:05 AM) [snapback]434819[/snapback]</div>
    Go to toyota.com/prius and click on "360 Views and Feature Demos" in the menu to the upper left and you will see a step by step instructional guide to the Toyota Nav System. Or you can shortcut to:
    http://www.toyota-eshowroom.com/partner/To...toyota_nav.html

8. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The voice recognition in "Address" mode is almost amusing in its failure to properly recognize my voice. Of particular interest is the city name.

After many amusing attempts, I've finally learned how to (mis)pronounce "Morro Bay." Not "mauh-row," nor "mah-row," but apparently "murrow" works. Otherwise, the nav comes up with places like Helendale, which makes no sense.