1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav System Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tntna, Nov 30, 2004.

1. tntna

tntna New Member

Okely Dokely. I could read the manual sure, but it's why when someone hear can get a warm fuzzy feeling by answering? :)

Last night I was playing with the nav system. I wanted to see if I could bring up a list of restaurants and set course by selecting from a list as my friend's 300. Sure enough I could and did. Easy enough. This morning I'm heading for work and actually took the 05. Backed out and she said something about guidance staring when I got on the correct route. I thought huh? and remembered that I selected the restaurant as a destination last night. DOH! So I drove to work with the thing recalculating routes. Can someone tell me how to cancel a destination once selected without selecting another one? :oops:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By far the easiest way is to use the voice feature and say "Suspend Guidance" while in MAP mode....someone will be able to tell you which buttons to hit to get to a button to suspend guidance, but I don't use them b/c the voice is so easy.

3. tntna

tntna New Member

Ah.. I think I tried stop guidance or the like. I did try it. Picked up the guidance part of my command. I think it changed to some Arrow format on the right hand frame of the map window. I'll give it another whirl. Thanks

4. rflagg

rflagg Member

Map button, Route button on bottom of screen, Delete Destination (in middle of screen), Yes to delete destination on bottom of screen, all set. You can do all this while the car is in motion, too.

-m.

5. tntna

tntna New Member

Thanks for the manual method. 10 pts to you.

I tried again at lunch with the voice command. 'Stop Guidance' just doesn't work. :lol: Finally remembered it was suspend guidance.

Was able to try the blue tooth phone interaction. Could be a little better but it was cool.