1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav system route trace

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hschuck, Dec 16, 2006.

1. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The nav system in a friends 2006 Prius can trace a route as you drive. Several previously traced routes show on the map screen and neither he nor I can find a way to delete them. When the trace function is turned off there is an option to delete or retain the trace on the map, but, it has no affect on these artifacts from previous traces. Any suggestions?

2. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hschuck @ Dec 16 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]363240[/snapback]</div>
    Yes

Touch the "Map" button on the right of the screen to enter the Nav. Then touch "I Agree" Then touch the "Map View" button in the lower center left of the screen. You will get a Route Trace screen. You have alrady done this and selected "yes" to the Route Trace which is why the tracing is happening. Now you need to select "Stop". You will then get a choice asking whether you wish to save the traces you have. Click "No" if you want to get rid of the traces on your screen. Then leave the Nav.

This works on my car.

3. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Dec 16 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]363253[/snapback]</div>
    I've never used the trace function. Can you use this to establish a preferential routing from A to B in place of the suggested, and often erroneous, routings and have it saved for future trips?

4. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Dec 16 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]363257[/snapback]</div>
    The purpose of the route trace is to keep track of the way you went so that you can follow the same way back. This is especially useful in un mapped or not up to date mapped areas. There is no voice route guidance connected to it. Sort of like a long string in a cave.

5. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Dec 16 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]363253[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, but, it doesn't work for me. This procedure works if I trace a new route and gets rid of it, but, does not get rid of the earlier traces. I had already tried the procedure.

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Dec 16 2006, 08:36 PM) [snapback]363253[/snapback]</div>
    What you have described will stop the current trace and allow you to delete it, but what about the little dots left over from previous traces? I think that is what the OP was asking. I know I still have dots left from playing with trace route months ago. I never did figure out how to erase an old trace, but then I haven't tried very hard.

Tom

7. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Since when do we have route trace?

Will I ever learn everything this baby can do? :lol:

8. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hschuck @ Dec 16 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]363293[/snapback]</div>
    Try "Clear all Icons". The procedure you tried is what was programed into the Nav to do the job. The only other thing I can think of is to reboot the Nav. I would ask my dealer for help with that.

Are you sure that what you are dealing with are the little circles path which are created by route trace and not something else?

What a strange mystery!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hschuck @ Dec 16 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]363293[/snapback]</div>
    I did think of one more thing. Is it possible that you (either on purpose or by accident) saved (clicked "Yes") the old route trace once before when you could have clicked "No"? Have you tried simply doing the procedure over a second time (and clicking "No" once again)? Maybe it takes more than once to get rid of a saved route trace.

Edit: It looks this way because I thought I was making a new post.

9. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Dec 17 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback]363397[/snapback]</div>
    Turns out that I'm not sure. It is a friends car and I was told that it the (apparent) artifact was from a route trace. It is not the "little circles path" you describe; It is a heaver blue path in a residential street area. I now suspect that it is part of the high resolution map display of the 2006 vs. my 2005. I won't have access to the car again for a couple of weeks and will give it a checkout at that time.

Thanks for your help.

10. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hschuck @ Dec 17 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]363420[/snapback]</div>
    The blue path is route guidance. Just clear route guidance.

11. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  12. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Dec 16 2006, 10:57 PM) [snapback]363294[/snapback]</div>
    It should get rid of them all. Unlike a lot of the handheld GPS's, I don't think it has any sense of multiple traces - all the dots are "one" trace. Turning it off and back on without deleting is just pausing the trace. Try it and see if it deletes them all. If it doesn't, then we are in an area that I didn't see any answers for when I read the manual (and the NAV manual is the worst of the lot).

Edit: <oops!> I see from later posts that it doesn't work! I'll experiment and see if I can find anything. Of course, I'll probably be left with bits of earlier tracks that I can't get rid of either.

- Tom