1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav System User's Manual - Japanese/English Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mboileau, Mar 8, 2004.

1. mboileau

mboileau New Member

Can't help pointing this out. I'm one of the few engineers I know who actually tries to use the English language as it was intended. For the most part, the Prius manuals read just fine, with the exception of the Nav System Guide. It's full of grammatical mistakes and poorly translated phrases that really distract from the content. Sure, I can appreciate that this can happen, but how does something like this go to production print without editing?

2. stuhillman2004

stuhillman2004 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You've got a good point. My 2002 Prius is the first Toyota I've owned since 1968 and the quality of the grammar in the manuals hasn't chanaged for the better. It has always seemed odd to me that a car company that sell n-mega millions of dollars worth of cars here doesn't bother to have a technically competent English major check out the manual. Is Toyota listening?

3. stuhillman2004

stuhillman2004 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Of course, if I bothered to check my own output (changed, sells) my comments might carry more weight.

4. whatshisname

whatshisname New Member

Hi Stuhillman2004: Well, maybe the problem is, they can't find a technically competent English major who also happens to be a technically competent Japanese major both in the same package. :lol: Whatshisname

5. warrior

warrior New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We just purchased the 2008 Prius. The English manual is great for me; but not for the Mrs. She is Japanese. The Toyota dealer in San Luis Obispo CA says there isn't one. Can someone please direct me to where I can obtain one?

6. Ralpherga

Ralpherga New Member

You have a wife that actually reads owners manuals.....WOW!!! Hang on to her.

:eek:

Ralpher in Ga.