1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav Touchscreen is not touchy

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nickinhb, Feb 5, 2012.

1. nickinhb

nickinhb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I was test driving the new priuses at my local dealer and a NAV screen would not work like normal, it required extreme pressure and still missed some button taps. The salesman tried to get it working by going into settings but he gave up, saying he just needed the car manual, and I would have questioned a mechanic, but I assumed the salesman was right that the unit only needed a settings adjustment. This was a car so new that the NAV was still set to the Philly and not Calif, and the car still had the plastic on the body. So that means the NAV units are not tested at any point before the buyer is involved. Now I have read on this website that this cannot be repaired, and that the NAV needs replacement. I better get an extended warranty for my 2011. God help the guy who buys my car after the warranties are over.