1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nav Unit died just before trip to Vegas!

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by mlibanio, Jul 25, 2013.

1. mlibanio

mlibanio Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Well in a bit of sad news, just prior to my trip to Vegas, my nav died! The timing is awful. At any rate, took a last second minute deal to Vegas, which ended up being cheaper. Toyota asks a reasonable $1,400 for it. Forget it, I bought the TomTom app for the iPhone for $50, and the navigation routing instructions runs through the radio (thank you Blu Logic Bluetooth!) just like the factory unit did. I really don't miss it! Its hilarious. I was so mad at first, but the TomTom is far superior. It still sucks compared to the Chrysler factory navigation, but far superior to the Toyota unit, which despite the latest updates, still could not find the Lowe's located just down the road from me. Now that I know what is involved, I might never have attempted the install. This is my second nav unit that has failed. I will not be getting another (my wife would kill me if I asked anyway! LOL!) Now I just have the Floor Harness #3 with Nav just sitting there! Any of you that followed me before know the heck that you have to go through to find one. Now I have two of them! Thinking of selling it. Any takers?

2. vaughnstark777

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I am interested if you could tell me where to get good instructions

3. depriusoto

depriusoto Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A