1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NAV Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Sapper, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Sapper

Sapper New Member

I have an 07 package 3.

What are my options for the NAV upgrade. Do they do it after the intial purchase?

Is there a bypass where it is availible but turned off.

I know I can get garmin type nave units but i want to get the one working that comes with the car.

I have the NAV buttons on the wheel.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Welcome to PriusChat! :)

An upgrade for the built-in NAV costs about $250. The current version 6.1.

You have 2 options for the bypass. One is getting a LockPick from a company called Coastal Electronics. The other is cutting the speed sensor wire and installing a switch. When switched to OFF, the car thinks it's stopped and you can enter information. Switch it back to ON when done.

3. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sapper @ Apr 30 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]432587[/snapback]</div>
    Package 3 does not include Navigation. Surprised you have nav buttons, which ones do you have? I don't believe adding nav can be done by the dealer. Your best bet is a after market system but it won't be integrated with the built in display. There are several old posts discussing this.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes, I misread the post and was thinking about the DVD upgrade, not the whole system.

In that case it would be more cost effective to get a third-party NAV system like jrfaris said. There are several to chose from.

5. impulsenine

impulsenine New Member

I have the NAV buttons on my '07, and when I push it, it says:

"The external system is not connected."

It's a package 4. Is there a chance the stock system could be added/updated since it's a slightly higher package than Sappers'?

6. 08NWPrius

08NWPrius New Member

I have the NAV buttons on my '08, and when I push it, it says:

"The external system is not connected."

I have only had mine for a week and now wish I would have put up with leather seats to get the Nav. I have an appointment with the dealer next friday and will ask what options they know of.