1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navagation and MPH

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kidd, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is there a screen on the Nav system that shows your speed? As I recall, with my brother's Garmin, it shows your speed in MPH on the screen. Maybe I am just imagining that I saw it when visiting him a few months ago. I just want to compare my speed with the speedometer. My car is new, and when I am rolling down the highway, and I glance at the speedometer, I seem to be going slower than the speedometer says I am. 70 MPH seems much slower in this car than my SUV. I also have my tires inflated to 42 in front and 40 in the rear. Could this throw things off?

'08 Seaside Pearl, pkg6 Touring, tint, Sirius integrated, rear bumper guard, mud flaps, reverse beeper off, rear windshield wiper mod. (what???)

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Most all GPS systems display speed, time, and sometimes elevation. As far as I know, the built-in system does not. There are a few diagnostic screens which may have some of that information, but they are not generally user friendly to get to when driving down the road. I like the built-in NAV system, but I do hope Toyota will work on it a bit for a future version. It could be a lot better.

Tom

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I suspect your SUV just gets squirrelly at higher speeds.

There are two quick ways to verify your speedometer: 1) Find a road with measured miles and use a stopwatch; 2) Get a buddy out on a highway. He picks a constant speed, you match it, and now you know. (Note that you can simply follow him: you can tell when you're matching his speed. This way you don't need to have multiple lanes to run the test.)