1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navagation shut off system

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by joytrink2, Oct 6, 2006.

1. joytrink2

joytrink2 New Member

My husband and I find the Nav. shut off system when the vehicle is moving to be VERY frustrating.
    It would be nice if the presence of a passenger would nullify this system. After all, the passenger would put in the info. We always have to pull off the road to make corrections. This could prove more dangerous than what the system is trying to prevent. Has anyone heard of a way to bypass or disconnect this system. I would love to know. Of course, Toyota has no suggestions.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    search "nav speed sensor defeat"....there are a number of solutions available.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  4. joytrink2

joytrink2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 6 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]329094[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Evan, thanks ever so much for the step by step solution. This will be sooooo wonderful when we bypass that control. You are so right. They allow certain functions which are just as distracting, but not some of the important ones. can't wait to clear up this issue. Thanks again for your prompt response. I sure am glad you like to play around with the wires!