1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Navi in a non-navi 2006?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by twocrifasis, Jan 12, 2006.

1. twocrifasis

twocrifasis New Member

Is it possible to get the Navigation system for a 2006 installed after the fact? I didn't get the option but would now like to check into it.

Thanks

2. Wynder

Wynder New Member

I'd like to know as well, even though I'm quite happy with my TomTom...

3. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nav system is already a VERY pricey option. I can only dream what it would cost to install after the fact. I would go look at Garmin.com and pickout one of their nice ones (the $700 one that reads street names maybe?). I currently use a Garmin i5 (think tom tom) and is very happy with it. It's user interface is much slicker then the Prius one.

That all said I'm waiting for a 07 Prius #7 or #8 :)

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There's been a similar thread for putting a OEM NAV system into an '05. It finally came down to getting a third-party system would be better as there's lots of things to add (in the '05 it would be a new steering wheel, new rim around the MFD and wiring). Even if you went to a junk yard and could get the parts, you would probably pay more that a really decent third-party system. Whether you want a portable or built-in would be up to you.